Halcyon Helios 18W vs. Salvo 21W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just sayin' that the WA bulb has been used for years and has a good record. If I came across a Helios for a killer price I wouldn't let the WA bulb stop me from buying it. Plus, there are many who feel that the light quality of the WA bulb is more "pleasing"? than the brightstar and actually prefer it.

I have a Sandroff (Helios on steroids) and I have been very pleased. I do baby it... but I baby all of my gear. It has been very dependable.

Nevertheless, my next buy will be a 13ah Salvo. I recently thought about selling my Sandroff to ease the pain of the new Salvo but reconsidered after remembering how dependable this light has been and how nice the beam of light is when using the EKPP reflector. I really like the size of the cannister, too.

Rainer... is that $800 for a NEW 9/18 Helios? That sounds like a screamin' deal to me. That would be REAL hard to pass up. Even used that's a good buy.

hoosier:
LOL~~~ I was wondering if any new light comes out in Feb... :wink:
Dive lights are like computers ... before the sheen wears off the new one you just bought, someone will have come out with something "better".

February is four months away ... there could be several new lights coming out between now and then, especially with DEMA just around the corner ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Dive lights are like computers ... before the sheen wears off the new one you just bought, someone will have come out with something "better".

February is four months away ... there could be several new lights coming out between now and then, especially with DEMA just around the corner ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's true... But, as I recall, the owner is still in a big school (Please let me if I am wrong). So, I am wondering if Feb is about time for him to finish it and launch the new line :)

Guys... :(

Rainer already said that he just doesn't have the extra dough right now. End of story.

Rainer:
How would you compare the following two lights (pros and cons):

-Halcyon Helios 9 Amp 18W HID
-Salvo 9 Amp 21W HID

Which would you get if price didn't matter?
Which would you get if the Halcyon was $800 and the Salvo $1100?
Would this change if getting the Salvo meant having to wait until Feb?
What do you think a good deal ($) would be on each of the above?

Thanks!

- If I had so much money that the price didn't matter, I'd get both
- The Halcyon, definitely
- No, it'd still be the Halcyon
- The prices you listed are very good, but I am assuming that at $800 for the Helios it must be used?

Just my opinion of course.

No, it must be the new, but I am not sure if Halcyon will honor the warranty for the 2nd hand light.

hoosier:
No, it must be the new...

Not sure what you mean. The new H light is WAY more than $800.

Jasonmh:
Not sure what you mean. The new H light is WAY more than $800.

It looks like he has a deal from other board member..... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom