halcyon canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajohn921

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i dont hear much about the halcyon canister lights though i see many if not all dir divers using them, i seem to hear more about greenforce than halcyon, im thinking about a proteus but i dont hear many reviews from the "boots on the ground" so to speak, who's using one and whats so great about them?

i have a Halcyon light and love it ! it very bright and easy to use and the life time is great.

Big Kahuna

Salvo is also popular among the community. Their quality is great. Might want to check them out as well.

I have 2 of the H lights and couldn't be happier with them.

I have a Halcyon Helios 10w, and I Couldn't be happier with it. I had the cord replaced under warranty recently, and the service has been outstanding.

PfcAJ:
I have a Halcyon Helios 10w, and I Couldn't be happier with it. I had the cord replaced under warranty recently, and the service has been outstanding.
I've got the Helios 10w light as well. Mine is the focusable enclosed head design. It's decent. The bulbs are extremely fragile though. I went through two in less than two months a couple years ago. I've been extremely careful with it since and have had no other problems with it. One minor annoyance with the light is the reflector though. It's not shiny anymore and has a tarnished dull finish which probably affects the performance somewhat. Knowing Halcyon's prices they probably want $50 or more for a new reflector.:shakehead

I have a helios 18w. Outstanding light.

Have a proteus 10 w flooded 3 times in cold water halcyon fixed it under warenty but took 2 months to get it back to me switched to dive rite slimline way better light for the money

GP:
I've got the Helios 10w light as well. Mine is the focusable enclosed head design. It's decent. The bulbs are extremely fragile though. I went through two in less than two months a couple years ago. I've been extremely careful with it since and have had no other problems with it. One minor annoyance with the light is the reflector though. It's not shiny anymore and has a tarnished dull finish which probably affects the performance somewhat. Knowing Halcyon's prices they probably want $50 or more for a new reflector.:shakehead

Thats odd, I have the focusable head as well, and I have had zero issues with the refector. The bulb died (after many dives and many hours), but it didn't break. It would flicker a bit, but it would never completely strike. Fragility has definetly not been an issue with my light.

I also have not had any charging issues, which some people complain of. I am very satified with my light and the service form Halcyon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom