halcyon canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajohn921:
i dont hear much about the halcyon canister lights though i see many if not all dir divers using them, i seem to hear more about greenforce than halcyon, im thinking about a proteus but i dont hear many reviews from the "boots on the ground" so to speak, who's using one and whats so great about them?
That's possibly due to the availability of dealers in your area. Greenforce makes a good light, but it's not popular in the DIR community. Around here you'll see more Halcyon, Salvo, and Dive Rite canister lights ... because dealers for those brands are readily available.

I didn't have good luck with my Halcyon (Helios 9) and ended up selling it in favor of purchasing a Salvo. The Salvo has been a workhorse, and if I should ever need another light, they'll be the first brand I look at.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The halcyon and the salvo are very similar. The salvo is more durable due to a stronger bulb. If I can help you with a Salvo let me know.

Brent

hunter991:
The halcyon and the salvo are very similar. The salvo is more durable due to a stronger bulb. If I can help you with a Salvo let me know.

Brent

Yeah, except the Salvo's seem to actually work! I am done with "H" lights -- blown bulbs, floodings, failed batteries ...

The way the NiMh batteries from what I understand are assembled in contrary to the manufacturers directions.

To quote my unnamed source "It's a miracle they work at all"

I now have a Helios 9 battery that gets (at best) 1/2 a charge.

Salve Li-ion is the way to go in my opinion

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom