halcyon cam straps (do they damage steel tanks?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The idea I have right now is just to get some vinyl stickers and just build up a layer a few stickers thick right where the bands mark the tank. It is not the most aesthetic solution, but it should work okay and I'll find some stickers that don't look horrible. Even just something that is blank should work.

Yer even duct tape would work ad they will peal them off every 5 years when the tanks go through hydro

I use PST E8-130's with my Halcyon weighted STA. The metal buckles are a joke. They take small chunks out of the cylinder finish everytime you use them. The STA itself scratches the cylinder as well, but duct tape can fix that (though I'm disappointed that it's necessary to do this, because one would think a company with Halcyon's reputation could spend a little more time developing a product so it doesn't damage other gear). I bought new cambands from LeisurePro with plastic buckles and now it works fine. More than a few people have commented that Halcyon did as piss-poor job developing this particular item.

Don't know if any of this info applies to the unweighted Halcyon STA, since I've never used it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom