Hair conditioner to help don wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flora:
Panty hose works well too, and it keeps you a tad warmer.
I used to use them when I dove wet. I have never heard of using hair conditioner to help put on a wet-suit

Heather

Thanks for the suggestion Heather, but you are kidding, right? Do you really think us rough and oh so manly ScubaBoard men are going to wear panty hose underneath our wetsuits?

Nope I am not kidding. I went diving with a friend and we did multiple dives in December and we were still in wetsuits and he pulled out two pairs of panty hose and gave me one. We put them on and the wet wetsuits slid on with ease.

P.S. I am not a "manly men" with a gopher for my avatar....:eyebrow: :joke:

Heather

Flora:
Nope I am not kidding. I went diving with a friend and we did multiple dives in December and we were still in wetsuits and he pulled out two pairs of panty hose and gave me one. We put them on and the wet wetsuits slid on with ease.

P.S. I am not a "manly men" with a gopher for my avatar....:eyebrow: :joke:

Heather

I'm such a manly man that I can have a gopher for my avatar..... :14:

I hate to admit it, but, one year I was involved in a parade down in Charlotte.
It was darned cold that morning and our group did wear some mighty thin uniforms.
My wife gave me some of her panty hose and they did have some insulating factor.
It was the first and last time, the only reason I even attempted this is, I'm from
Colorado and it is common for snow skiers to don panty hose. I don't know how
they would be in scuba though! These days I just use conditioner!

I used to do this when I had a really tight wetsuit (I swear it shrunk over the months... but it was warm as heck). Now I have a looser fitting wetsuit and don't need it. I wondered about any potential effects on marine life though.

Flora:
Panty hose works well too, and it keeps you a tad warmer.
I used to use them when I dove wet. I have never heard of using hair conditioner to help put on a wet-suit

Heather

Hmmm... for some strange reason I don't think I'll try that. Besides, I'd get runs in them (not to mention a LOT of strange looks)!

Scubakevdm:
Hi Bill! Don't worry it gives aquatic life healthier, fuller hair.

Whew... that resolves my concerns about the marine mammals, but what about the fish and inverts?

drbill:
Whew... that resolves my concerns about the marine mammals, but what about the fish and inverts?

I can't imagine why it wouldn't have the same effect on their hair as well.

I don't use the panty hose anymore. I only used them once. very strange feeling to say the least. I was tired of being cold so now I dive dry.

whatever works, use it!

Heather :blinking:

Back
Top Bottom