Hair conditioner to help don wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For years I used hair conditioner on my dry suit seals. [Just make sure there is no oils in it] Decided to just use baby shampoo for my seals since I have been using it for my mask. Baby shampoo makes getting in and out of my dry suit real easy.

Charles

Flora:
I don't use the panty hose anymore. I only used them once. very strange feeling to say the least. I was tired of being cold so now I dive dry.

whatever works, use it!

Heather :blinking:

Back in the "old days" we used to wear panty hose under our football pants to stay warm during December. Never thought about using under a wetsuit to facilitate donning? Doesn't help the wrists though.

JR

The panty hose and stocking really helped for the long armed march. I have used it many times during the service.

For the wetsuit, the skin under the wet suit works very well. It also provides an additional layer.

Baby Shampoo/water 50/50 mix in a spray bottle. Wet suits, boots slide on and doubles as a mask defogger. I took a large bottle on a dive boat and before long everyone was using it. One guy was so impressed, his one piece dive suit shrunk over the winter, that he offered to pay for my Nitrox. No residue and no "old wet suit" oder.

Divin'Hoosier:
Thanks for the suggestion Heather, but you are kidding, right? Do you really think us rough and oh so manly ScubaBoard men are going to wear panty hose underneath our wetsuits?

No kidding. I still know guys that wear panty hose under their camouflage gear while hunting. Great insulation. ok, ok, they don't think about anything but that it works.

Back
Top Bottom