Haigh Quarry Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was surprised that the viz was pretty decent today. I'd say it was around 15 feet by the platforms. Still pretty bad around the rock crusher.

ppo2_diver:
I was surprised that the viz was pretty decent today. I'd say it was around 15 feet by the platforms. Still pretty bad around the rock crusher.

How about on the South End or the Flamingo? I was thinking about going out there next weekend.
T

That sounds very intriguing Thor. I would like to try the dive out in my 3-5-3 suit and see how I do. Never tested it that deep, but I might make it with a hood and gloves.

ScubaThor:
How about on the South End or the Flamingo? I was thinking about going out there next weekend.
T

well we had a great day there yesterday after the rain stoped.
i got to try out the new gear wow i love it bp-w all the way.
i rented a 6.5mm 2 pice sute. i put on 20lbs and got in the water and i still was to boyant. we had a good lol so i went to the car and got 6 more got in the water and still i colnt go down so i took of the top pice of the suite and did an nice dive to about 30ft and the tep got so cold i couldnt feel my arms so i got above the thermo and had a great dive,
i decided to do a night dive with joe, i put all the gear on and i put a extra 6 lbs on the tank. finaly after 30lbs i sunk. i even made sure all the air was out of the wet suite. wow what a day.

I'll dive with ya any time Chris. It was a decent day but boy was I tired today. We dida dive on the Willie and on the tug. Had to be at the dock before 8am and didn't get home until about midnught last night. Dives today were cold but fun. Temps of 43 and 41.

Joe

Dean,

Everyone has different tolerances to cold, but I would recommend a 7mm below the thermo and definitely hood/gloves if you want to stay for any length of time. But hey, try it out and let me know how it goes. :)

You are of course right. A fit of insanity made me think otherwise for a short period. I will probably dive dry next time at Haigh!
jepuskar:
Dean,

Everyone has different tolerances to cold, but I would recommend a 7mm below the thermo and definitely hood/gloves if you want to stay for any length of time. But hey, try it out and let me know how it goes. :)

thanks joe I would dive with you any day. (To scubabord members, joe is a great dive buddy that know his diving and is good freind).
Im trying for friday joe but i wont stay for the picnic because i will have to work so i might get in one dive the wife might go for a dive too. i will let you know. joe lets try to get a tues-wenday dive in. that way i can spend the day not wondering if i have time to do the 2-3 dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom