Haigh Quarry Saturday May 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8am is good for me, less traffic around Chicago burbs at 6am (when I leave).

BTW, I'll lead a Nav run this time around since I dodged it last time!

How about we Aim for the truck then to the LARC and from there we find the drain plug?

As it's supposed to be 100 ft at 180 degrees from the LARC I'll bring my 100ft spools and tie off to the LARC so I can't over shoot the plug!

Plus that will give me practice using the spool!

Sounds like a good day. As far as specific dive plans - let's wait to see who is there so we can get a read on the group and see what people need/want. But Kypher - you certainly can do a nav dive (may want to hold off on the spools) - though I'm not sure it will be as entertaining as previous ones where I got to watch a certain diver go wander off to who knows where. :rofl3:

Depending on whether or not we're finishing up our rescue diver cert. at Pearl Lake that weekend my boyfriend and I will be there! :D

That was pretty funny to watch...LOL...like turning a sharp curve.

I am glad that I can make people laugh as much underwater as I can above. That is the way life is supposed to be.

Depending on whether or not we're finishing up our rescue diver cert. at Pearl Lake that weekend my boyfriend and I will be there! :D

I hope you can make it Darcey, we had a lot of fun the last time and I am sure we will have more on this day. The more the merrier!

(I hope you guys can navigate, some of us [me and joe] cant)

(I hope you guys can navigate, some of us [me and joe] cant)

:rofl3: LOL! Well, I will say that while I can, navigation really isn't one of my favorite things but I do! I have to sharpen up on my skills before I finish Divemaster though so I guess depending upon how trusting everyone is we could give it a whirl! :popcorn:

I say we have a friendly little Nav contest:

Let's see who can get their group lost the most!!!!

Seriously there are currently 2 skill swhere I have doubts myself:

1) Full Mask Removal, I just hate it. I know I need to practice it more and I'll get comfortable with it.

2) Underwater Nav

I look forward to getting a chance to accidently lead the group somewhere other than our planned destination!!!

:rofl3: LOL! Well, I will say that while I can, navigation really isn't one of my favorite things but I do! I have to sharpen up on my skills before I finish Divemaster though so I guess depending upon how trusting everyone is we could give it a whirl! :popcorn:

Depends on what you mean by whirl! If you mean whirl as in going in a circle, I think I have that one covered. If you mean whirl as in a silt factory is whirling up for action, I might have that covered too. (maybe some others in the group as well :D )

I hope you can make it, it would be great to meet other SB'ers in our area.

Back
Top Bottom