Haigh Quarry Pics - 8/14/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey,

We are staying for one week...Sat to Sat...start diving on Sunday and stop around 4pm on Friday..... :) This is my 5th trip and Sandy's 3rd......we got a good routine down with the shore diving so we can easily knock out 5 a day..maybe even 6..we'll have to to hit 30.

I'm shooting macro for the first time so I have my work cut out for me. I'm getting excited...thats my favorite place to go.... :)

J

I'm sure you will miss Haigh while you are in all that blue warm water with crystal clear visibility.

Actually the viz on Bonaire is not the greatest compared to others....I think I dove when it was like 70-80 viz only...hehe

Brings up a quick story of a dive we did at Alice in Wonderland...we passed another couple coming out of the water as we were going in and they said...man, the viz sucks today...we drop down and look around and then at each other....like ***.....it was a little hazy, but man...people are spoiled!

:)

ScubaThor, why were practically neighbors. I'm in Hanover Park. Have you done any diving at Pearl Lake in South Beloit. I think it might be a little closer than Kankakee. Not sure, haven't MapQuested it.

Jason, keep an eye out for a couple of dive books, along the side of the road, would ya.

Kat -
No, have not yet made it to Beloit. My buddy lives in the southern 'burbs, so Haigh has been the logical choice. Also, I have heard Pearl Lake described as "diving in skim milk". Still might be worth checking out, I guess. Where do you usually go?
T

ScubaThor: Your not missing anything, really. I like to go in June for DUI Dog Days. And then a couple times during the summer. I have not made it out at all this summer & now that my dive book & c card are gone, it looks like I wont get in any late summer diving.

Jason: OMG, how did you miss all my whine-y weenie posts about it? It happened Monday August 15th about 2 PM. Diving at Larrys Lair.

Jason: I like the pics from Haigh. Can't wait to see your Bonaire pics.
(We just got our land pics, from Bonaire, back today.)

Thanks Kat....I'm gonna try and produce some nice shots...dont want to get to into it...then I dont really enjoy everything else around me. :)

I'll keep an eye out for some books, unless they are good books than I dont remember seeing any books...nope none at all. :) I can be such a Richard sometime.

J

Didn't (and won't) make it to the quarry this weekend....hope no one's holding their breath. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom