Haigh Quarry Pics - 8/14/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, after 00Scuba and I kayaked out to the dive site...no wait, wrong thread.....

Here are some pictures from today....the Blue Gill here as most of you know are crazy....they kept nipping at my strobe.

You should mention/brag about the camera you are using and the strobe! Excellent pics for the conditions you find at Haigh!

jepuskar:
Well, after 00Scuba and I kayaked out to the dive site...no wait, wrong thread.....

Here are some pictures from today....the Blue Gill here as most of you know are crazy....they kept nipping at my strobe.

Hey Dean,

I use an Olympus 5050z, Olympus PT-015 housing, D180 strobe, and an Epoque WAL...next weekend will be my first time using a macro lense...actually two stacked lenses. I'll be out at Haigh again looking for Macro subjects....so expect lots of close up of rocks...HA

Thanks for the kind words...it's my first time ever taking pics at Haigh and I have been diving there for 3 years. I think I'll do it more often..

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Nice pics! Which part of the quarry?

Nice pics. First post on the board but I have been lurking around for a while taking in as much information as possible. I have not been to Haigh since late April when I was OW certified with snow flurries in the air. Since then I have done 5 dives in Playacar. I will be out at Haigh this weekend doing my AOW cert dives. Since my wife is not at all interested in the thrills of diving, I am usually in need of a group to dive with, which is why signed up for my AOW cert. I am diving with below H2O around 2:00, but it would always be nice to meet some of the people that post regularly on the board. I am 6'6" so I'm kind of hard to miss. I purchased all of my own equipment but just looking to get in as much experience as I can for the balance of the season.

Steve

Steve,

I'm one of the instructors at Below H2O. Too bad I'll miss you this weekend. I just taught a class last weekend and the wife only lets me dive one weekend a month.

Duane

kappers:
Nice pics. First post on the board but I have been lurking around for a while taking in as much information as possible. I have not been to Haigh since late April when I was OW certified with snow flurries in the air. Since then I have done 5 dives in Playacar. I will be out at Haigh this weekend doing my AOW cert dives. Since my wife is not at all interested in the thrills of diving, I am usually in need of a group to dive with, which is why signed up for my AOW cert. I am diving with below H2O around 2:00, but it would always be nice to meet some of the people that post regularly on the board. I am 6'6" so I'm kind of hard to miss. I purchased all of my own equipment but just looking to get in as much experience as I can for the balance of the season.

Steve

Steve -
If you don't mind me asking, how much is the AOW setting you back? Is it just one classroom session and then the 5 dives? Which ones did you choose?
T

Well, if you just look at the classes it cost $200 excluding Quarry fees, but after I bought my light kit, which is needed because the DM does not provide lights, and my new Pinnacle Artic wet suit package, lets just say around $650. The nice thing is, going forward all I will need to rent is tanks. This should make it allot easier to get out there.

As far as courses: Night, Deep and Nav are required, I took Buoyancy and Search & Recovery as electives. I was going to take wreck, but I think I will gain more skills from search and recovery.

Back
Top Bottom