Hafa Adai from Guam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flotsam_old

Reaction score
I'm excited to get registered to the Scubaboard and look forward to all the information the veterans have to offer. I recently got my open water card and am in the process of getting my advanced card. I did my deep adventure dive (100ft) and my first night dive last Sunday. Night diving is a kick in the head, time to empty the bank account and start outfitting. See you all around.

And welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often.

don
:D

:rofl:

welcome aboard, and say hello to the wonderful black financial hole of diving

Flotsam,

You are probably in one of the better places in the world to outfit yourself with scuba gear. Guam, being a duty-free island, has some fantastic deals to be had. When we lived there we purchased most of our gear through MDA but don't forget to check out the military exchanges also if you have access.

We had a wonderful time during our 2 years there. Did lots of night diving what with all of the good shore entry locations to be had. Just one recommendation, Tanguisson (sp?) power plant beach can be a "tough" exit when the swells are coming in.

Hope you enjoy Guam.

Rickg

Flotsam:

Welcome to the site. Enjoy your diving in Guam. You will be spoiled diving there. Cost is unbelievable there and the dive sites are fantastic. Do you dive with MDA or GTDS? I dove last year with MDA and they do a great job at great prices.

A word of caution. Depth can be very decieving there. You can get caught going alot deeper than intended at sites like Blue Hole or some of the other walls. Especially when you have that terrible 200' visibility.

Enjoy the site and diving in Guam

Hafa Adai

Hafa,
Haven't been on this board much lately, but welcome and I know you'll love the diving here (On Guam). The wife and I have been diving on Guam for 14 years and don't plan on giving it up any time soon. Just got back from Yap, another great trip in the western pacific.

Thanks all for the warm welcome, I hang around MDA quit a bit. There doing my certs and I love their boat dives. Sunday is a 2 tank boat dive and a beach dive later in the day. I'm stoked.

Back
Top Bottom