Had my first student today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has already been covered. Read the thread.
You originally said Open Water, which was the basis for many of the post you don't like. Then you apparently but unclearly said it was not Open but rather Confined. That makes a LOT of difference. Maybe you could actually clarify?

You originally said Open Water, which was the basis for many of the post you don't like. Then you apparently but unclearly said it was not Open but rather Confined. That makes a LOT of difference. Maybe you could actually clarify?
I have already clarified.
I'm not being responsible for pushing this thread around in circles.
Have a nice day.

I have already clarified.
I'm not being responsible for pushing this thread around in circles.
Have a nice day.
You're doing just that right now. Can you clarify or point to a specific post where you clarified it? We've all read this entire thing and would like to know what dive this was. Were you in a pool or shallow confined water OR was this a specified open water dive? Nothing against you (again this has been said many times) but it would be nice to know.

You're doing just that right now. Can you clarify or point to a specific post where you clarified it? We've all read this entire thing and would like to know what dive this was. Were you in a pool or shallow confined water OR was this a specified open water dive? Nothing against you (again this has been said many times) but it would be nice to know.
Nice try, but he is wrong and knows it so is resorting to deflection rather than explanation. Not worth engaging further.

Certainly, it was a dive in a 2m deep pool.

This was clarified in this post:

1680192396864.png

Certainly, it was a dive in a 2m deep pool.

This was clarified in this post:

View attachment 776828
Thank you. That is part of the issue here. Second dive ever to the vast majority of us means OW2, not a pool or CW session. Being in a pool takes a good bit of the heat off of everything here. I'm glad you're excited to get in the profession and hope you can now see how quickly things may go awry based on wording. Keep blowing bubbles.

Thank you. That is part of the issue here. Second dive ever to the vast majority of us means OW2, not a pool or CW session. Being in a pool takes a good bit of the heat off of everything here. I'm glad you're excited to get in the profession and hope you can now see how quickly things may go awry based on wording. Keep blowing bubbles.
Thank you. Happy to bring the temperature down here.
I didn't initially understand what the confusion was, but understand now.
Safe diving :thumb:

So I hope I'm not kicking the hornets nest, but I would invite all current PADI pros as well as everyone else to review the standards, as let's face it, no one has all these memorized and it is easier to keep track of standards for courses which one teaches frequently. 《Mod edit》

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A good thought. But not here, after all this discussion. A new review thread would be fine, but this is Instructor material.

EDIT: If anyone wants the DM program standards from the 2017 PADI Instructor Manual, please DM me. It is a little over 23,000 characters, so it will take 3 messages to send to you. I don't think it should be limited to just instructors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom