Had my first diving scare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious, how hard we're you breathing during the swim? Hyperventilation, Co2 buildup, either way i bet it was spooky.

Glad everything turned out ok. How the tests give you some good answers.

Just curious, how hard we're you breathing during the swim? Hyperventilation, Co2 buildup, either way i bet it was spooky.

Glad everything turned out ok. How the tests give you some good answers.
Nice and slow and full breaths. I use my breath to keep level so fast and short or holding it would make me drift out of my +- box.

Were you diving wet or dry?

DW

Dive I did yesterday was also in bathing suit for 45:39 on 32% with a 41feet max depth with AVG water temp of 57.2F the bottle was also filed at the same time as the tank I had on.

Why in the world are you not at least wearing a wetsuit?

Dive I did yesterday was also in bathing suit for 45:39 on 32% with a 41feet max depth with AVG water temp of 57.2F the bottle was also filed at the same time as the tank I had on.
This is insane. You are lucky to not be hypothermic. No wonder you passed out!

Why in the world are you not at least wearing a wetsuit?
If I go deeper 100 feet, I will throw on the 3mill but really, I just don't get cold I will do 3-4 dives in a day at that temp.

This is insane. You are lucky to not be hypothermic. No wonder you passed out!
I don't think this was the issue though. I say that due to the fact I have been spending weeks in that water temp with 0 issue and the following day was even colder and longer. 10min V 45MIN and 57F V 62F and I was just fine. I do use a pair of 2mill gloves for fishhooks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom