H-Valve used for doubles setup???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cawzt3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
my question is this if i put an h valve on my 2 100cf tanks, i could put a fill whip setup with a hp line, and connect it to another tank attached to my leg, since my bc only supports a single tank. has anyone ever heard of doing this?

i have an aeris atmos ai air intregrated. if im using a pony bottle that isnt on my main air supply, how will it affect my deco timing, etc?

thanks - chris

You can do what ever you want, does not mean what you do is prudent.

As for what you are suggesting let me see if I can a good quote from George Irvine III ... found one:

"if you had any idea of exactly how stupid you sound to anyone who does real diving, you would shut up"

Sorry, if that sounds harsh but if you want to dive doubles please take a course and find a good mentor.

Last edited:
Chris, don't let these "tech" snobs deter you. I routinely carry extra gas in tanks tethered to both my legs with high pressure hoses meeting at a custom-built manifold at the base of my spine. How else would you do it? To keep your configuration clean, I suggest you go with standard thigh-plate-and-wing setups for the leg tanks. Call Tobin at Deep Sea Supply--he'll hook you up. Divers typically add a third computer when they add the third tank, for deco purposes--each stop simply becomes the factorial of the sum of the three separate stops divided by the product of the separate stops cubed. This is what is meant by "ratio deco."

To keep your configuration clean, I suggest you go with standard thigh-plate-and-wing setups for the leg tanks. ...............

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

To the OP - assuming you are serious, why wouldn't you just sling one of the bottles as a stage? (clipped to a waist & chest d-ring)

Please don't provoke the troll.

Look at his profile pic...dives with a snorkel.

You may not get a straight answer to this.

What problem are you solving with this setup. I assume you are attempting to add the second tank so that you have more air but do not want to buy a second regulator. The cost of a fill whip is more than the cost of a regulator. Your configuration is not normal and so you will get some laughs here.

*A bigger tank is a solution.
*Using the second bottle as a stage and putting a separate SPG and Regulator on it.
*Getting a BP/W to allow you to attach doubles.
*Reducing your SAC via, exercises(maybe) and streamlining your gear, and less movement will extend your tank.

If you are really doing deco, then you may wish to take a course and they will help you configure your tanks. But expect to be told to get proper doubles with a manifold and 2 high end regulators.

Deco on a Recreational bcd?...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom