H-Valve used for doubles setup???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: To the OP - assuming you are serious, why wouldn't you just sling one of the bottles as a stage? (clipped to a waist & chest d-ring)
Probabley not the best idea with a recreational bcd...

Pony Bottles aren't for Deco...

If you want to dive doubles an H valve on 2 tanks, and 4 regulators is to much of a nucence, and creates alot of parasitic drag. My reccomendation to you would be to buy a manifold, and double tank bands, and connect them suckers, Buy a Dive Rite Transpac, Stabalizer plates, Crotch Strap, and Classic Wing, then your set... Also it wouldn't hurt to take a course in doubles, but if you don't know how to dive doubles, or need to take the basic Tech course to learn how, then you don't need to be doing Deco... Remember Experience, or supidity may get you there, but only Training from a qualified Instructor will get you back...

I still can't believe you guys are taking this seriously. Not a lot to do today?

I wonder what appendage you strap the "spare air" bottle to?

There is one appendage left that hasn't been mentioned, but it rhymes with rock and dock! :D

my question is this if i put an h valve on my 2 100cf tanks, i could put a fill whip setup with a hp line, and connect it to another tank attached to my leg, since my bc only supports a single tank. has anyone ever heard of doing this?

i have an aeris atmos ai air intregrated. if im using a pony bottle that isnt on my main air supply, how will it affect my deco timing, etc?

thanks - chris

I really do love Scubaboard

my question is this if i put an h valve on my 2 100cf tanks, i could put a fill whip setup with a hp line, and connect it to another tank attached to my leg, since my bc only supports a single tank. has anyone ever heard of doing this? i have an aeris atmos ai air intregrated. if im using a pony bottle that isnt on my main air supply, how will it affect my deco timing, etc? thanks - chris
I am reading this correctly right- you want to dive with 2 Steel 100 cu ft tanks, one on your back, and one straped to your leg like a dive knife, (on a recreational bcd nonetheless) both with an H valve (that means 4 regulators) your using an Air integrated computer, you are using a pony for deco, AND your asking if a pony with a gas other than your Air supply (such as Nitrox, or Oxygen) will change your deco time?... Are you even certified/trained for Deco diving?...

Don't mean to sound harsh, but having Training in Deco diving would answer these questions...

Back
Top Bottom