H-Valve used for doubles setup???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still can't believe you guys are taking this seriously. Not a lot to do today?

You're so cynical...
It seems perfectly reasonable that someone who is a fish would not know how to configure a tech rig - they might never have needed one before. I am concerned that his SB challenge is to freedive to 40' and stay there though - that sounds a lot like drowning to me.

my question is this if i put an h valve on my 2 100cf tanks, i could put a fill whip setup with a hp line, and connect it to another tank attached to my leg, since my bc only supports a single tank. has anyone ever heard of doing this?

i have an aeris atmos ai air intregrated. if im using a pony bottle that isnt on my main air supply, how will it affect my deco timing, etc?

thanks - chris

Never heard of anyone doing this

Pony bottle doesn't affect your deco timing, I would recommend training.

1. I'm not trying to attach a hp100 tank to my leg...LOL :no:
2. I need to have the tanks manifolded together to get my air time remaining.
3. My bcd has 45 lbs of lift, not a problem. for two tanks.
4. I was suggesting putting H-valves only on my (2) HP100's
5. I wanted to add 80cu tank on my leg, using a fill whip style setup to manifold it together.
6. My computer allows for doing deco diving also, so i just wanted to add extra air. for diving wrecks and extended time down.
7. i was thinking a DIN reg adapter with a hp line, going to a yoke adapter for a yoke reg. would allow me to know exactly how much air time remaining i have, as well as deco time, all together on my one computer, if i bought an extra tank with a sep. reg setup, thats alot more junk to be hauling around, than just a tank on my leg.
8. to all the know it alls, that sat home today, looking for a job, and talking their poop.
your mom is the troll:D

1. I'm not trying to attach a hp100 tank to my leg...LOL :no:
2. I need to have the tanks manifolded together to get my air time remaining.
3. My bcd has 45 lbs of lift, not a problem. for two tanks.
4. I was suggesting putting H-valves only on my (2) HP100's
5. I wanted to add 80cu tank on my leg, using a fill whip style setup to manifold it together.
6. My computer allows for doing deco diving also, so i just wanted to add extra air. for diving wrecks and extended time down.
7. i was thinking a DIN reg adapter with a hp line, going to a yoke adapter for a yoke reg. would allow me to know exactly how much air time remaining i have, as well as deco time, all together on my one computer, if i bought an extra tank with a sep. reg setup, thats alot more junk to be hauling around, than just a tank on my leg.
8. to all the know it alls, that sat home today, looking for a job, and talking their poop.
your mom is the troll:D

ummmmmm

WOW

1. I hope not
2. if you are dependant on your computer for air time remaining, you have no business even thinking about deco
3. just becuase you have 45lbs of lift doesn't mean you have everything covered
4. if your going to use an H valve use one tank
5. amazing, this I gotta see
6. just because your computer "allows" for deco diving doesn't mean your prepared for it
7.umm, yea
8. if you dont' like the answer, don't ask the question

Some comments:

Please do not build and use this rig in areas where access is sensitive, we don't need more needless deaths causing issues

and

You HAVE to post pictures of this!

To clarify what i was proposing...

So, you've clarified a few things...

1. You're not proposing to dive with an HP100 on your leg, which apparently would be ridiculous.
  2. However, you ARE proposing to dive with an AL80 on your leg, which apparently is NOT ridiculous.
  3. You are either a troll or you are an... Well, I won't attempt to limit the possibilities there.

:idk:

Cawtz3, I spent the time to write a pretty good essay on how to evaluate a proposed gear configuration. Please read it. What you are proposing is messy and convoluted and creates more problems than it solves, and the things you are viewing as important are entirely the wrong things, if you are proposing to take enough gas underwater with you to go into mandatory decompression.

One of the many problems, but using a recreational bcd may not have enough lift for what he is talking about doing...

That's a technicality. What worries me is that he's considering some unwieldy (seriously? an Al80 strapped to your leg?) kludge of a setup in order to get his computer to tell him how much longer his gas will last.

A slung stage bottle is a proven solution. With a little bit of math (e.g. for a 100 and an 80, I have 80% more time than a 100 alone, all else being equal), he'd get the same gas without severely hampering mobility.

I'm not going to make any assumptions about dive plans.

I'm not sure but most modern rec BC's I've seen have 40+lb's of lift. I dive doubles with a 32lb wing. Probably the biggest problem would be the mounting system. Other than that a BC is just a bag that holds air.

This has given me an idea for quad 130's. Doubles on my back with a 130 on each leg, all tied together with HP whips. Then I can just ride my computer on some 300' wreck penetration dives. Now I am kinda pissed that I spent all that money on training! It's to bad this thread was not around five years ago! :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom