Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear my lycra dive shorts. They're similar to bike shorts w/o the padding in the crtoch of the seat. They do have an anti slip material in the leg openings to prevent them from riding up.

LMAO @ padding, I thought it was a diaper:rofl3:

What I do: I wear normal swim trunks... nothing fancy, nothing tight, or loose, just trunks! I've never been uncomfortable...

What I've seen guys do: You name it! Speedo, trunks, bike shorts, if it can be made of Lycra, or nylon, I've seen it, and I say that with some regret! :rofl3:

What I've seen woman do: I'd say the standard is one or two piece swimsuit.

Some divers forgo the wetsuit option. Pete sometimes dives in trunks, and a shirt. I've seen a fair amount of woman go with a bikini bottom, and a rash guard, or even sometimes just a bikini! That CAN'T be warm! :11:

Has anyone noticed no females have chimed in to what they are wearing under their wetsuits....and gee-whiz, no wonder look at some of the great photos in this thread!

think they're peeping from the 1st class seats...:popcorn:

Photos?!?! where was that?

I am "em-bare-assed" to admit it, but I now wear a speedo as I have found it to work best under a wetsuit for not bunching up. IMO I think the aquashort style looks the least heterosexually challenged than the bikini or jammers type so that is what I wear. However, I always wear boardshorts over it except when changing in and out of it.

bob

Hmmm what I wear depends on who I am diving with.

If I happen to be in the company of a woman, or there are women around, whether they are divers or not, I wear trunks out of respect. If I am out with the boys, almost all of us go wetsuit only. personally I find that most things under the suit cause irritation of some sort. the less i have to distract me, the less 'task loading' I feel I am under. but that is just me.

Last edited:
I've seen many guys wearing speedos under their wetsuits. Actually dove with a guy in Cozumel who had on a pink speedo and a hooded vest :D
Personally, I find the speedo uncomfortable and wear the speedo shorts. One goes down to my knees and the other goes down to mid thigh. I do not prance around the boat in them though. I wear board shorts over them when not wearing a wetsuit.

Everybody makes fun at my speedo, but there are two reasons I get away with it:

a) I'm European so it's expected of me :D

b) The mere sight of bunched-out wetsuits stretching over the tents that pass for bathing suits these days makes me feel really sorry for the guys who wear them.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom