Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear the cheap version of under armour, then wear shorts on over them, when I am ready to put on the suit off goes the shorts leaving the biker shorts on underneath then I do not offend anyone with my nudity, unlike my dive buddy who goes commando and has almost gotten a ticket for it.Now he wears neophrene shorts unless it is a secluded spots then unfortunately he goes commando again...

What do males typically wear next to their wetsuit -- just a supporter? A supporter and a bathing suit? Nothing?

Swimsuit. However, the suit isn't in the same bag as the dive stuff, because it has other uses. Thus, I've shown up to work a class with a wetsuit, but no swimsuit, and on those occassions, gone commando. When this happens, and everyone is pulling off their wetsuits on the pool deck after class, it's crucial to remember that you can't do the same, especially when the class is at a college with a strong sexual harassment policy.

i didn't read all 7 pages on the thread but i picked up some underarmor briefs from sports authority (speedos) and those work well. They allow the wetsuit to slide on/off pretty easily and it's not too bad when you have to strip down to them between or after dives.

People here often wear nothing underneath. But I once had a guest point out to me that a seam on my diveskin was parting at the point of most strain.....

I started reading down then figured I'd just answer for myself.
My normal dives have all been off of a dive boat of one type or another.

So I opted to wear loose fitting swim trunks with the mesh liner.
They can bunch if you just pull the wet suit up but I tuck the shorts down in like I would the tails of a dress shirt into slacks before I get it up past my waist level. Its been working pretty good for me and not too much effort.

On the first dive trip I ever took, it was too warm for me to wear my 3mm. I was very glad to have on swim trunks and a long sleeve rash guard to dive in.

It also makes surface intervals and rides to and from the shore more enjoyable when you can take the wet suit off. They don't bind if you don't bunch them up, but you get a lot more room and air when you have surface interval.

I think everyone around me appreciates that I'm not wearing skin tight shorts, thongs or going comando... Certainly when underage girls are around on the boat. Thats something to think about... more kids and women are diving now. If you are used to diving and treating the boat like a men's locker room... There are some potential legal and social issues you might have to address. If its your private boat or all adults... it might not be as much of an issue.

Shorts or Lycra divee skin? Both are better then speedo.
http://www.divebuddy.com/photo.aspx?PicID=17892

I vote Shorts.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=72898910&albumID=1056773&imageID=12144979

Speedo or lycra shorts. plus a pair of regular shorts to cover up out of the wetsuit. (I'm not european but the speedo is most comf.):eyebrow:

We American's commit so many sins of fashion and conscience that I hesitate to throw stones. But as a public service announcement, I would like to welcome you Europeans to Palau, but respectfully request you observe the local customs and wear board shorts et al.

Exhibit A, from a very recent dive with some Russians:

russians2.jpg

Please, don't be those guys.

Thank you, that is all.

I'm sorry -- I don't see what's wrong with this. Nobody complains about women not wearing board shorts. If women are ok showcasing their butts, so am I.

Speedo bike shorts. Comfortable, don't bunch up and when I'm warmed up a bit and *things* return to normal the package looks good. The above is just plain wrong though. That looks more like a guys version of floss. Bet his wife likes washing those. Yech!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom