Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear a bathing suit...I've seen people in biking shorts as well

Speedo makes spandex swimwear with legs. I forget what you call them. That's what I wear. Can't stand a regular bathing suit bunching up underneath a wet suit.

As others have mentioned they are called jammers.

I do not run around on the beach or dive boat in them. I always cover them with promptly with conventional shorts.

I've NEVER had a body that jammers would flatter, especially now at 50+

Last edited:
Am I strange for wearing a bathing suit under my 7mm wetsuit? How about under a 3mm wetsuit? (Ok it was a little bunched under the 7mm, but not too bad. And it was easy to take of the wetsuit in a public on the beach when I was done.)

What do males typically wear next to their wetsuit -- just a supporter? A supporter and a bathing suit? Nothing?

Thanks for any opinions.
I find my Speedo to be very comfortable under a 3mm of 7mm wetsuit.

Red neck Speedo joke: :D

"Bubba liked to frequent the old swimming hole but was never able to attract the girls.
He decided to ask his friend Billy-Bob for advice.
"It's those big baggy swimming trunks that make you look like an old fool..
They're years outta style. Your best bet is to grab yourself a pair of Speedos, about two sizes too little, and drop a fist-sized tater down inside them. I'm telling ya man...you'll have all the babes you want!"
The following weekend, Bubba hits the swimming hole with his spanking new tight Speedos, and his fist-sized potato.
Everybody at the swimming hole was disgusted as he walked by, covering their faces, turning away, laughing, looking sick!
Bubba went back to his buddy Billy-Bob and asked him, "What's wrong now?"
"Lard-Almighty Bubba!" said Billy-Bob, "the tater goes in the front!"

I am embarrassed to admit it, but I thought this was rather funny.

All black Under Armor shorts. They come to mid thigh, and they work really well under board shorts which I remove before putting on the wetsuit. This is on commercial dive boats and this 58-yr old wouldn't be caught dead in a Speedo. :D

mmm kayyy I caved in an got some long leg skin tight jammer kinda thingys but they still make me look like a mail box with the flag up.

I've never worn anything under a wetsuit.

Isn't the point that the neoprene traps a very thin layer of water between your skin and the suit? And didn't George Costanza clarify for all of us the need to keep that region protected from cold water?

Has anyone noticed no females have chimed in to what they are wearing under their wetsuits....and gee-whiz, no wonder look at some of the great photos in this thread!

I have NEVER seen anyone on a dive boat going commando under their wetsuit. (not that I have done any kind of actual check) Granted, I have done the majority of my diving in the Carribean where it is too hot to stay in your wetsuit between dives. I have never noticed anyone wearing anything other than a bathing suit (trunks or the occasional **gasp** speedo) under their wetsuit. We have dove in skins,3mm, 5mm and semi-dry suits and have no neoprene rashes in places you don't want to be seen scratching!

I'm of the UnderArmor + board shorts school of thought myself (shorts come off, wetsuit goes on). But yes, I've seen commando on a dive boat. It was in Tonga with a group of Aussie's. I know at least one guy was not wearing anything under his wetsuit and got out of it on the boat. This was my first dive trip, so I thought it was normal. I've been pleased to find out it's not. :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom