Guinness Record breaker at Gilboa Quarry July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys and gals!

Having moved up from Florida, this will be my first official "NORTHERN DIVE"!

I've yet to dive this summer, and I'm still tracking down a 7mm wetsuit, but I'm close!

I"ve not met a damn person from the Wrecking Crew! So, key questions!

1. Rabbit will have her ears on, and will be passing out Scubaboard stickers. Sweet! Rabbit, what day(s) will you be there?

2. How do I find, fellow Wrecking Crew divers? Or, divers from around the Toledo area?

3. I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express Friday and Saturday night.

4. Will more details be given about Stinkys? Or other places we divers shall meet?

5. Will anyone have SMORES I can mooch?

6. Is there any beverages for sale at the dive site? Water bottles? Etc...

That's all for now! Looking forward to feedback!

Thanks!

I live in Toledo about 3 miles from the Ohio/Michigan border... I'm betting you live within' 10min. of me...

Anyways... I'm goin' divin' tomorrow (Friday) morning and Sat. morning at Whitestar... if your interested I can swing by an pick ya' up... (tho' you'll have to throw your gear in the backseat as I don' have a truck/minivan/suv)

Then you'll have met at least 1 wrecking crew member :)

I'll be at White Star on Sat and Sun. My daughter and her friend are doing their check-out dives for certification. I will be driving my sand colored Dodge diesel pick-up so drop by and say hi.

Greetings fellow SB'ers I have spoken to Jodi at Gilboa and they are in need of willing divers with Rescue or higher training to be lane shepards. If you are interested please contact Suzanne fitnessdiver@gmail.com . They will give you the information for the organizing the event. I am looking forward to meeting the GLWC on site so please share the location of the meeting spot. I need directions to Stink's to. I plan on getting there Friday or possible Thursday night if I can talk my wife into it. Till then dive safe all and dive every chance you get!:)

Last edited:
I'm arriving Thursday night and will dive on Friday. Hope to see you guys there!

Ill be arriving Friday for the blessed event, and will look to make a dive or two the same day. Cant wait to hit Gilboa!

THIS weekend, I can't make the Friday dive at Whitestar! THANK you for the invite! PLEASE keep me in mind for future dives!

ScubaGirl decided to tag along with me to Whitestar on Saturday! So guys and gals, look for us and lets get introduced! We've never dove Whitestar, so we'd love to tag along and follow someone or a group who has been there before.

Thank you!

weather for Sat. is starting to look ominous but as of now I'm still scheduled to meet Mike "bonecrusher" Lynch out there 'round 8am...

donna whether or not I'll be in the maroon Oldsmobile or the dark green Honda Accord..

what are you and ScubaGirl driving? an will you be diving the deep side or the walk in entrance?

Boats... If you are out at Whitestar saturday morning, PvtStash and I would love to meet and dive. We are hopefully meeting in the morning at 8am. I will be in a white Pontiac Vibe. (I am scooting out from a family function so only have the early morning to dive). Weekends I am always open to doing some diving. If we don't meet Saturday, let me know if you want to dive any other weekend...

For those diving Gilboa... Hope you all have fun and stay safe! That many divers kicking up the bottom and the expected long waits to even get in the water does not appeal to me. If you do go, take pics! I would love to see! I am however, looking forward to the fall MNG!

ScubaGirl JUST got her Open Water certification, so we'll be diving the "walk in" part of Whitestar, I guess! We'll be in a black Jeep Patriot, Michigan plates. The front plate has a dive flag with a manatee. There's a Salt Life sticker on the back tail gate! I'll make sure I have my SHUT UP AND DIVE t-shirt on.

I'm not sure of our arrival time! 8 to 8:30 will be the target! Looking forward to meeting you all!

Thanks!

ScubaMike!

I'm up for diving ANY weekend! I'm getting a 5mm wetsuit today, and I'll layer up to stay warm! Looking forward meeting you, as well as other WRECKING CREW members!

Is the next meet in greet in September?

Back
Top Bottom