Guinness Record breaker at Gilboa Quarry July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, that was the consensus of John and Ted. Lots of people? Lots of action? Some confusion? Lots of fun? You bet, on all counts. This will be probably the biggest gathering of divers ever; it will be the unofficial record-breaking gathering of its kind. If you all think Meet & Greet is a great time, just think of the party on Fri. and Sat. nights that will take place on that weekend!! I wouldn't miss this for anything. I already passed up a wedding photo booking for that weekend, so add another K to my reservation fee. I would love to see the GLWC flag flying above our campsite on that weekend, and I would love to see the familiar bunkhouse near by. John, just think of all the signatures you could get on your dive trailer. Com'on guys, call Gilboa before Jan. 1 and get signed up for $50. If you show up on Jan. 1 to dive, I'll bet anything Mike will let you sign up at the original reservation fee. You don't want to miss this event!:no:

1000 people or not without John and Ted it is just one big Want to be.

You know who makes a party and a campfire.

John and myself have already been in contact with Mike for some other events this coming year so stay tuned for those......

Yes, it is JULY, not June. Could we get a mod to change the title? Don't want someone making an association based on incorrect information :)

1000 people or not without John and Ted it is just one big Want to be.

You know who makes a party and a campfire.

Exactly!!!...You and John would just be the icing on the cake if you came to this party. How Sweet It Is!!! With you two there, GLWC would be the talk of the weekend all over the country---maybe even the world!:D

Hey Jep, why don't you come out and join us, I'd love to see you again :D (You hid behind NetDoc the whole time in Chicago :rofl:)
Ber

What do you mean hid behind him? I was 10 feet to the right of him...he was still blocking me? Wow, poor guy. Prolly needs a lot of weight to sink.

My friend Brian and I will be there. I've never been to Gilboa, so I'll probably do 1-2 dives prior to the actual event, participate and then hang out the rest of the time.

I could take photos of the "worst" get ups and post them on SB with black bars over the eyes/masks a la Glamour mag's "Do's and Don'ts." Just kidding! :rofl3:

I thought it was in JULY not June like the OP has in the title... I believe it's the weekend of the 19th of July...

Yes, it is JULY, not June. Could we get a mod to change the title? Don't want someone making an association based on incorrect information :)
You would have thought I would noticed the month was wrong :dork2: It's fixed.

You are allowed to edit your own post.
They can't edit the title though :D

What do you mean hid behind him? I was 10 feet to the right of him...he was still blocking me? Wow, poor guy. Prolly needs a lot of weight to sink.
You stayed in a position to run away if I moved :rofl3:

My friend Brian and I will be there. I've never been to Gilboa, so I'll probably do 1-2 dives prior to the actual event, participate and then hang out the rest of the time.

I could take photos of the "worst" get ups and post them on SB with black bars over the eyes/masks a la Glamour mag's "Do's and Don'ts." Just kidding! :rofl3:
The shore stuff will probably be a big highlight of the experience, that's usually what happens at the meet-n-greets :eyebrow: If there's a campfire you need to be there :wink:

Gonna take more than a black bar to hide my ears :rofl3:
Ber :lilbunny:

The DIR Fundies book actually did that to one diver who was dressed like a x-mas tree.

Oh yah? I thought I was being clever :D.

You stayed in a position to run away if I moved :rofl3:

Ber :lilbunny:

If I recall correctly you had those freakish rabbit ears on...which is borderline out of my comfort zone especially when Halloween was ~4 months before.

Unless you like to play dress up, that is a whole nother story. :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom