"Guided" 200' dive with a single AL80?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First off Jim the day you walk on water is the day you can lay a guilt trip on me. I wasn't advocation drunk driving ...I was trying to illustrate behavior we all undertake which is less than prudent. And to all you self righteous water walkers my point is this, maybe you drive a little too fast through a low speed zone cause you're late for work ...or whatever I am sure if you look at yourselves you'll see some kind of risky behavior. Then again by definition you probably don't!

Second you people who want to take this guys livelyhood away on the posting from the internet, why not take Gentiles or McMurrays livelyhood away for documenting their "untrained" excursions to the Andrea Doria. Just because you guys dive a quarry or two a couple times a month then shell out money to learn the navy dive tables for decompression diving while on trimix doesn't give you the right to rip this guys livelyhood from him. From the profiles I've gleened ... looks like he has infinitely more experience as a diver than all of you put together. Being certified trimix doesn't make you a good diver and bouncing with three other professionals doesn't make you a bad diver. There are guys in the Solomons and French Polynesians who dive 300' on AL 80's all the time and never get hit ...so please cut the guy some slack. He is in an incredibly mundane business which is highly competetive and apparently runs a very tight ship. His web site and MySpace site are incredibly thought out , professionally executed and by my estimation infinitely more informative and professional than every other dive ops sites on the internet. Jason seems to be very detailed oriented considering his attention to detail on his internet activities ... My guess is he is very customer service oriented and probably an excellent diver. Besides after thinking about it you can't get helium down in Cozemel so for Jason to get trimix certified would be useless ...

The four of them knew the risks of a 200 fsw bounce dive and apparently executed a perfect shared air ascent ...how many of you could pull that off-eh?

Finally any new diver that would try this and sayes they didn't understand the risk ...doesn't deserve to be in the water with a bottle strapped to their back, and his instructor should have their instructor card revoked... period!

Besides after thinking about it you can't get helium down in Cozemel so for Jason to get trimix certified would be useless ...

Can't get trimix in Cozumel? Really?? Is it illegal?

Helium is too expensive ... most guys from So Cal ship their tanks full ahead of the trip ...same as Honduras

Dang. Remind me to get a great website so that I'll be legit when I violate all my agency's training standards.

Can't get trimix in Cozumel? Really?? Is it illegal?

There are several dive shops that sell trimix and provide technical instruction on Coz..

First off Jim the day you walk on water is the day you can lay a guilt trip on me. I wasn't advocation drunk driving ...I was trying to illustrate behavior we all undertake which is less than prudent. And to all you self righteous water walkers my point is this, maybe you drive a little too fast through a low speed zone cause you're late for work ...or whatever I am sure if you look at yourselves you'll see some kind of risky behavior. Then again by definition you probably don't!
I have NEVER EVER pulled a DUI on the freeway, holidays or not. So dont accuse "us all" for doing that, thank you very much!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom