DIR- Generic GUE possible with Y crotch strap with 6 D-Rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think you have to. I think that @sourdough's solution will work.

By the way, you could always resell your system and buy a second hand BP/w, you will probably make money out of this operation. Halcyon isn't mandatory at all, and I would recommend only the wing (definitely not the backplate and the webbings)
The halcyon webbing is the best webbing on the market...

Q: Would clipping off the SMB on the right buckle violate DIR philosophy? (Time for me to dig into DIR philosophy I guess).
Safety gear such as an SMB should be stored in an exposure suit pocket, not clipped off to a harness buckle or D-ring. This isn't a matter of philosophy, you just don't want gear hanging off your rig where it creates an entanglement hazard and causes extra drag.

The halcyon webbing is the best webbing on the market...
I was gonna say the same thing. If the big blue H makes anything out of this world, it is their webbing.

True, but the others work very well too and are cheaper. I don't see any reason to spend money on that piece of equipment.
It's the piece of equipment in direct contract with your body, and well worth the cost.

It's the piece of equipment in direct contract with your body, and well worth the cost.
I never had any problems with my tecline webbings, which were cheaper. I know several people who use good quality webbings that are less expensive than Halcyon (and, probably, less good) and never had an issue. So I stand on my point.

But my experience is limited, so feel free to suggest otherwise :)

I never had any problems with my tecline webbings, which were cheaper. I know several people who use good quality webbings that are less expensive than Halcyon (and, probably, less good) and never had an issue. So I stand on my point.

But my experience is limited, so feel free to suggest otherwise :)
yeah but the H's make life so easy to get everything even. It's 30 bucks for H-webbing if that's breaking the bank, diving probably isn't for you :)

Guys, just go for Halcyon, you will not die because of it, I promise. I will not go for Halcyon any time soon, and I will not die because of it, too, I promise :)

Guys, just go for Halcyon, you will not die because of it, I promise. I will not go for Halcyon any time soon, and I will not die because of it, too, I promise :)
I mean I guess if you want to do it wrong. 🙃

Sorry if I hijacking but I'm having a problem with webbing. I started to add a d-ring to my back plate and found I couldn't undo my buckle or strap locks from the strap even with tools. Is the Halcyon webbing easier to work with?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom