GUE Fundamentals, Fund 1 and Fund 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will have a terrible time on the written test at the end of f2 if you haven't done the lecture part of f1 & f2. Plus the swim test is mandatory for a pass and is done in part 1. I did just a f2 class in doubles (with two other guys in doubles), but I already had a rec pass in single tank. Mark and Kathy were running it, all of us got provisional. :(

Yeah, written test on part 2 would be difficult if you haven't stayed up to date. I think a having a strong grasp on the gas usage rules and minimum deco calculations is important. I breezed through my final, but guy who I took the class with had an ok/average grasp and really struggled when it came to the final--luckily GUE is all about the TEAM:yeahbaby:

The Rec 3 course is a Trimix diver course requiring doubles. a stage bottle, and some deco, with a maximum depth limit of 130 feet/39 metres. It is unusual to think of a trimix diver as recreational,
That is nice for those that do not want to take a tech course but would like other gas options for deep dives still in the Rec range...

That is nice for those that do not want to take a tech course but would like other gas options for deep dives still in the Rec range...

You have doubles, a deco bottle, 5 days of class, and a GUE standard. That course is harder than that average AN/DP and is a 'tech' course in everything but name.

You have doubles, a deco bottle, 5 days of class, and a GUE standard. That course is harder than that average AN/DP and is a 'tech' course in everything but name.
Wonder how much more difficult it would be than Tech1? Seems like most of the difference is in the depth is 40ft and an extra 15 minutes of Deco?

And standards.

If you aren't good enough for a tech pass why are you doing a tech class?

And it's hardly a "deco bottle". It's a pony bottle used for the ascent.

Im just wondering, has anyone gotten a tech pass from a doubles primer ? I heard its doable but not many go that route

Im just wondering, has anyone gotten a tech pass from a doubles primer ? I heard its doable but not many go that route

The Doubles Primer course is a 1-day course that introduces the student to diving in doubles. I can't imagine anyone strapping on a set of doubles for the first time and being able to go through all the GUE skills in them without a lot more practice than can be done in a day. If there is such a person, I hate them :wink: My Doubles Primer was invaluable, but nevertheless it is taking me many dives in doubles to get back to where I was in a single tank. A tech upgrade is my goal for this summer.

And standards.

If you aren't good enough for a tech pass why are you doing a tech class?

And it's hardly a "deco bottle". It's a pony bottle used for the ascent.

While I understand and agree with the sentiment, a tech pass at fundies is a pretty high bar skill wise. I would say if you can't get a rec pass then you shouldn't be doing any tech dives, but there is that grey area where they might not have the tech pass (but are close) and can do normal/beginner deco dives or simple cave. GUE is not the be all and end all.

As for the deco bottle, you are correct, it's technically a pony. Which just agrees with my (your) point. The class covers deco and O2 theory and one of the standards is correct gas switches at stops along with controlled ascents.

The Doubles Primer course is a 1-day course that introduces the student to diving in doubles. I can't imagine anyone strapping on a set of doubles for the first time and being able to go through all the GUE skills in them without a lot more practice than can be done in a day. If there is such a person, I hate them :wink: My Doubles Primer was invaluable, but nevertheless it is taking me many dives in doubles to get back to where I was in a single tank. A tech upgrade is my goal for this summer.

I meant more of diving in doubles for awhile and then taking the primer aiming for a tech pass from it instead of doing the primer and then tech fundies.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom