DIR- GUE GUE blessing new CCR model in next 2 years?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I highly doubt instructors are making big bucks from an incredibly complex course that so few people are qualified to take...
I would guess that the complexity of this class is more or less equal to the trips / projects GB and MA are already offering. Liability, depending on the place the class happens, will surely be different.
Qualification: what it is needed? Based on the InDepth article it is CCR2, 50 Tech 2 dives, 25 of them exceeding 75m and a DPV cert. Nothing special.
A driving factor for this class might be, that at the moment it is the only way to get a cert from GUE exceeding 100m ;-)
And for some Hunter-gatherer to complete the cert collection :)

I highly doubt instructors are making big bucks from an incredibly complex course that so few people are qualified to take...
LMAO, the requirements are CCR 2 (or PSCR), DPV1, and x number of dives at or beyond x level. There is no shortage of GUE divers who meet that requirement; heck, I can think of five divers within a stone's throw of me who meet those requirements, and if I were to think harder, I could probably come up with a few more.

I hear what you're saying, and point taken...
But I'll still hold that the market size for Fundies or Cave 1 is VASTLY larger than the number of GUE divers who have been to 75m over 25 times on CCR... Millions versus thousands.

If I was trying to maximize income as an instructor, I feel like I'd be focusing on banging out more of those low-level courses more quickly, instead of trying to figure out how to safely get students to 100m and back...

But I don't know. Do training rates differ greatly enough as you get higher up to justify? What does a course like CCR2 cost?

Fundi has a lower day rate than T X, CCR X and Cave X.
Since He got so expensive, there are close to none Tech 2 classes and a lot less Tech 1 classes per year than a few years ago. Gas bill for Tech 1 often is as large as the course fee. So especially the Tech-only instructors need new sources for income.

Gas bill for Tech 1 often is as large as the course fee

Nonsense, utter nonsense. You’re telling me that 3 trimix fills, let’s say (in freedom units) 3 sets of double hp100’s so, 200 cuft of 21/35 and 100 cuft of 18/45, for the 3 t1 experience dives, approaches (or is north of) $2,000 USD? I’m not even addressing 32% and 50%, as that cost is trivial.

Remember, it’s called micro dosing, not macro dosing.

Depends on the destination you take the class.
Well the helium would be like 14 bucks a cubic foot for that to be the case.

Can you point me to where helium costs that much please?

I’m no math wizard but I think that’s the ballpark needed to get to 2000 dollar fills for 3 fills.

Depends on the destination you take the class.
UK would be about USD 500 - 700 for 3 twinsets (2x24 litres) of 21/35 depending on location, assuming that you cannot convince someone to do a top up as shops don’t bank pre-blended trimix, and assuming that the shop would even have enough trimix for 4 x 3 twinset fills. Plus instructor gas so USD 1000 in trimix per student? Still ridiculous once you factor in the 25 experience dives for something that’s a glorified AN/DP.

Still ridiculous once you factor in the 25 experience dives for something that’s a glorified AN/DP.
25 experience dives for what?
To progress to the next class in general?​
To progress to ccr1? Because, if you're referring to this one, GUE HQ has been offering "waivers" for some time now.​

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom