DIR- GUE GUE blessing new CCR model in next 2 years?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually I wouldn't call it class.
It's more "do some challenging diving" with an instructor you pay ;-)
Yeah, I know I am late, but I am curious: do you know the standards of the "class"? I cannot find them anywhere... stuff like what you study, what you do, what you learn (in theory at least)

Yeah, I know I am late, but I am curious: do you know the standards of the "class"? I cannot find them anywhere... stuff like what you study, what you do, what you learn (in theory at least)

At least to the best of my knowledge, you can only find this website using google or guess the address based on the Tech 2 website (or an announced Tech 3 class) ;-)
Up to now the class is not included in the standards. So it looks like it has not arrived in the "real" world yet.

At least to the best of my knowledge, you can only find this website using google or guess the address based on the Tech 2 website (or an announced Tech 3 class) ;-)
Up to now the class is not included in the standards. So it looks like it has not arrived in the "real" world yet.
this is the old tech3, it has been on the website for a very long time.

The new one is this one: GUE Introduces Tech 3: Join the Final Part of GUE’s Technical Trilogy

And has different qualifying requirements (25 T2 dives and 25 T2+ dives, vs 75 T2 dives for the old one). But it doesn't say much about the class itself.

It is already in the real world since you can find it scheduled on the GUE classes website; go here and select Tech 3:

It looks like it'll continue to be a mystery for me, no problem :)

1719316053626.png

You are right, looks like the old website. Sorry for that.

It is already in the real world since you can find it scheduled on the GUE classes website; go here and select Tech 3:
Two classes with one student. How many people do you know, who have taken the class so far?
No standards for the class, website not updated...
In my opinion it has not arrived in the real world yet. And I doubt it will ever do.
Where are the "Project diver classes" gone? Announced two or three years ago. A few classes happend without any real output. No real information about the classes up to now...

You are right, looks like the old website. Sorry for that.

Two classes with one student. How many people do you know, who have taken the class so far?
No standards for the class, website not updated...
In my opinion it has not arrived in the real world yet. And I doubt it will ever do.
Where are the "Project diver classes" gone? Announced two or three years ago. A few classes happend without any real output. No real information about the classes up to now...
I get your point. Honestly, I share the same feeling as you.

Don't get me wrong, I really doubt that the Tech 3 or the Project Diver classes are needed. Tech 3 might be real fun, nonetheless is it needed if the quality of the classes before was okay? In my opinion not.
To sing @rjack321's song: these new classes might be needed to fill the purses of some instructors ;-)

I highly doubt instructors are making big bucks from an incredibly complex course that so few people are qualified to take...

I remember watching a video on GUE TV that was like a conference breakout session with GUE's lawyer about managing risk and liability in expedition diving (don't ask me why, I was very bored...).
There were several high-level instructors in the room who started asking the lawyer about legal liability questions, including Graham Blackmore who said the American legal system terrified him.

The gist I got was that instructors are particularly worried about T3 classes, which teaches expedition level diving, because there are so many ways it can turn deadly. In addition to the ethical concern and reputational risk, waivers don't stop you from being sued into oblivion by a grieving family.

My guess is that a few of the top GUE tech instructors (Graham Blackmore, Mario Arena) are piloting T3 in an invite-only way and trying to work out the kinks, including things like risk management.
(You will notice that no T3 classes have been held in or are scheduled for the United States...)

Don't get me wrong, I really doubt that the Tech 3 or the Project Diver classes are needed. Tech 3 might be real fun, nonetheless is it needed if the quality of the classes before was okay? In my opinion not.
To sing @rjack321's song: these new classes might be needed to fill the purses of some instructors ;-)
Have you been listening to my shower time harmonies again?

I highly doubt instructors are making big bucks from an incredibly complex course that so few people are qualified to take...

I remember watching a video on GUE TV that was like a conference breakout session with GUE's lawyer about managing risk and liability in expedition diving (don't ask me why, I was very bored...).
There were several high-level instructors in the room who started asking the lawyer about legal liability questions, including Graham Blackmore who said the American legal system terrified him.

The gist I got was that instructors are particularly worried about T3 classes, which teaches expedition level diving, because there are so many ways it can turn deadly. In addition to the ethical concern and reputational risk, waivers don't stop you from being sued into oblivion by a grieving family.

My guess is that a few of the top GUE tech instructors (Graham Blackmore, Mario Arena) are piloting T3 in an invite-only way and trying to work out the kinks, including things like risk management.
(You will notice that no T3 classes have been held in or are scheduled for the United States...)
Sweet summer child

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom