Group Dive September 17th or 24th

So what is the best day for the Group Dive with Cape Fear Divers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LindaBluedolphin:
... I really want to get this thing together. I am still looking for someone to help manage the "whos in' list while I am out of town.....anyone? It will only be for 1 week end of August.

hi Linda - lemme know if i can help while you're sufferin' in Hawaii ( just teasing - i'm so jealous!). i'm not a computer whiz, but list-keeping i can do.

since i'm just getting back into diving (AOW scheduled for Sept 10 & 11), i should stick to the shallower wrecks at this point.

BB

Thanks so much for the offer, it won't be much work, really more keeping on eye on things. It does not sound like you are doing so bad either going to Honduras.

Based on what I understand most peoples experience level to be I think you guys would love the Hyde and Markham. They are two of the most popular wreck sites for a good reason. They are in 80 ft of water and there is a lot of structure in the 60 ft range to explore. Both wrecks are easy to navigate and are very intact making it easy to find your way back to the anchor. There is a good possibility the sharks will still be there is September but they can be a little unpredictable. It is a great dive for a diver with a some ocean diving experience but looking to go a little deeper. I can't join you guys on those dates but have a good trip, I think you'll really like the diving down here.

Pat

LindaBluedolphin:
Personally I am not a deep diver no can do those depths on the deeper wrecks, so I am really trying to keep it more medium depth so more people can do it. I don't know how deep those werecks you are talking about are. I sort of had 78-80' max in mind, with some relief above that maybe so I could get some bottom time.

If that is the case....Hyde/Dredge would be a good choice. Hyde is 80 fsw, dredge is 65 fsw. I don't know if Cape Fear has the numbers to the dredge (hard to find), but good dive.

Hyde/Dredge or Hyde/Stone(same area) or Hyde/Pocohontas(same area)

Jim would like doing the dredge, stone, or pocohontas, because they are on the way in for him. Would be like a half day. 0700-1300 or so.

Tom

I'm w/Linda on the medium depths. Although I have a fair amount of experience with deep dives. Most of them have been in fresh water. My total number of ocean dives you could probably count on my fingers...definately my fingers and toes :D

The 24th is an airshow my wife and I will likely have to work. So the 17th is much better for us.

The 17th would suit my schedule as I'm "tied up" on the 24th. Careful Marci :)

harleyridernc2003:
The 17th would suit my schedule as I'm "tied up" on the 24th. Careful Marci :)

Jeff you told Marci to watch it, but made no mention of me watching it, so if I were so inclined I could take that comment and run with it, but.........I shall refrain.

LindaBluedolphin:
Jeff you told Marci to watch it, but made no mention of me watching it, so if I were so inclined I could take that comment and run with it, but.........I shall refrain.

Now Linda... Mind the thread safe police and remember I embarass easily w/o my neoprene :-o

why pick on me? i'm all innocent & stuff. i can go if it turns out to be the 24th, and i voted.

BabyDuck:
why pick on me? i'm all innocent & stuff. i can go if it turns out to be the 24th, and i voted.

Marci,
Only 'cause we love ya, BabyDuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom