Group Dive September 17th or 24th

So what is the best day for the Group Dive with Cape Fear Divers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindaBluedolphin

Resident/Token Treehugger
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would like to get a general concenses of who is interested and what day is best to give Cape Fear Divers http://www.capefeardivers.com/ a try. I have been emailing with Capt. Jim and I really want to give him a try.

I am flexible at this point for September 17th or 24th (both days are an option if folks are interested, but right now I am looking at one day myself).

I am not sure how much lead time Jim needs for us to book individually as a group, and I am leaving for Hawaii on August 26th (sorry tough assignment, but someone has to do it). Can someone volunteer to be an assistant thread coordinator while I am out of town? I get back Labor Day weekend.

So what are your thoughts and votes? We go with group concensus. Since I am open to either day I will go with the majority.

Not sure how you want an edit to read, Linda- PM me with what you want & I'll be glad to change it!

LindaBluedolphin:
I would like to get a general concenses of who is interested and what day is best to give Cape Fear Divers http://www.capefeardivers.com/ a try. I have been emailing with Capt. Jim and I really want to give him a try....

i would be interested in a trip the 24th. i haven't done an NC wreck dive since '92 though, so i'd need to pair up with a patient buddy :05:

I had a chance to ride down there yesterday and see the boat. It's first rate. You sit facing your gear so it's easy to prep on the way out. Thay also have lots of overhead grap rails so no stumbling around with your fins on. I talked to Capt. Conner just as he was getting off the boat and he seems like a good guy, very personable. This is gonna be a great trip!

Frank

BB, thanks for posting, would you mind voting in the pole so we can capture the numbers easier.

:star: :star: :star: & :bfish:

gold stars (& goldfish) to Ken for being our guinea pig !
here's hoping the water is warm and the viz is good !
let us know how it goes!

Ken why not give Capt. Tuck a try on Saturday let me prove to you how much better he is then his competition......then you can dive with Jim on Sunday.....as for myself, I need to begin to get organized for my trip and cannot afford to dive the entire weekend.

I am up to try them out, and meet some new folks.......question is where to? I talked to Jim via email, and saw him out on the Gill when they were markin numbers. Big boat.
:06:
Normannia
Gill
Hyde
Markham
Nashville
Cassimir
Porta Allegra
Frying Pan Tower
Lobster Ledge
Brick Dredge

See if we can get a consensus on location........Gill/Hyde is a routine combo here, but if we have more advanced divers.........maybe Normannia/Dredge

or Normannia/Lobster Ledge

or Frying Pan Tower

I will dedicate once y'all pick the spot....and it doesn't matter to me, I don't think there are many "known" sites that I haven't been to already here off Wilmington.

I hope this works out, cuz I need to fill in the gaps (open dates on calender) in September......

Personally I am not a deep diver no can do those depths on the deeper wrecks, so I am really trying to keep it more medium depth so more people can do it. I don't know how deep those werecks you are talking about are. I sort of had 78-80' max in mind, with some relief above that maybe so I could get some bottom time. I know Frying Pan qualifies, but how about the others what kind of depth are we talking (I could actually go look it up later).

I really want to get this thing together. I am still looking for someone to help manage the "whos in' list while I am out of town.....anyone? It will only be for 1 week end of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom