Group buys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racedude1984

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I really didn't know where to put this thread. I thought about posting it under hot deals but says it's only for sponsors.

I have yet to find any group buys yet but was wondering if it is a common thing on this forum. I have seen it do well in other areas but not sure if they happen with scuba equipment. I always looked for group buys on items and usually find really good prices. I'm not really looking for anything special but I'm always looking to upgrade and find good deals.

I have seen some group buys on SPG guages and compasses and such before on The Decostop forum. Seemed to work out OK as far as I could tell. I suspect it would work well here as well.

I'm sure if they put something out there people will pick it up.

I was wondering if the forum big wigs would be able to put in a group buy section. I'm sure if it was there people would use it.

I really didn't know where to put this thread. I thought about posting it under hot deals but says it's only for sponsors.

I have yet to find any group buys yet but was wondering if it is a common thing on this forum. I have seen it do well in other areas but not sure if they happen with scuba equipment. I always looked for group buys on items and usually find really good prices. I'm not really looking for anything special but I'm always looking to upgrade and find good deals.

I think the frustration of getting every one to do as they are requested on payments, getting everyone to agree on everything, and having to distribute the product only to find that someone else has either changed their mind, wants a different product or color, or it doesn't fit and they want you to exchange it.... etc... will negate any savings you have on your part.

Good luck and I hope it all works out well, but I think this will be an educational experience for you here.

Might work well for something like tanks. I only suggest this item becasue, unlike regs and mask and bcd's, there aren't that many people making them (relatively)

I could see that if you could bargin for some worthington steel 100's as an example, you might get quite a few folks on here to join you. Of course, I have heard that there isn't much mark up on the things. Maybe a $350 tank really does cost the dive shop $315...maybe not.

Try it and see. We would all like to pay less for our habbit.

i think you should add computers also. as many courses are leaning to using computers instead of dive tables you may be able to get a bulk buy on computers. it would sure make the instruction easier and there for probable to happen.

We do many group buys on here. Undergarments, Tanks, etc.

If you ever want to do one, just let us know what it is you would like to do a group buy on :wink:

Group buys from a Retailer are sometimes difficult because it would cause us to go below MAP, and get in trouble. Now, let's say you set it up with someone like me, and you don't advertise our name as the one doing it....no harm no foul :wink:

Typically we do group buys on items that do not have a MAP price structure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom