Group booking recommendations for Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KenGordon

Contributor
Reaction score
In September I am bringing a group of ten divers to Cozumel. We will be in Mexico for two weeks and to spend about a week in Cozumel. Mostly they are British with the odd Canadian joining in. All are proficient divers, used to cold and murky conditions and well dived up. They vary in experience between PADI AOW divers and BSAC instructors with more years diving than you'd think to look at them. Ideally I'd charter a whole boat for the entire trip, use steel 15l and 12l (approx 120/100cf) cylinders (ideally some will be DIN) and have nitrox fills.

Similarly we'd like to do some Cenotes on the mainland, although there will only be 8 of us.

Does any dive op on here want that business? Are there recommendations for ops to approach? I'd prefer not to be told "take the web price for a two tank dive and multiply by 70".

Ken

I really have not had a "bad" experience with any dive ops that I have used in Cozumel... My favorite by far has been Dive with Martin. With that amount of people (I've brought up to 6 divers) you could probably just charter ome of the larger boats or even a couple of their 6pack boats and have complete control over your dive sites. (incl. punta sur)

the contact I've always dealt with when setting up my trips is Paddi Davies @ 1 (503) 949-5985

Last edited:
Start emailing dive ops.

Aldora.com has a larger boat that would hold all of you plus they have large tanks and stop at a beach club between dives.

I am not sure why you would pick an odd Canadian when there are no doubt plenty of normal ones, but it is your trip.

You didnt specify what kind of accomodations (3 star, 4, or 5). Are you there to dive, dive, dive?

If, you dont need a lot of the extra "fluff" of the high end AI, then take a look at Scuba Club Cozumel. They have their own resort, and Dive Op with several boats that would more than accomodate your party. The boats and diving are a finely tuned, well oiled machine. 2 tank boat dives leaving the resort around 7:30 a.m.

However, I'm not 100% sure that they have the 120s you're looking for or the DIN yolks.... You'll have to ask them on that one. You could possibly get some more detailed information, from Robint or Bettyfromtoronto, as they have been going there for many years or many times a year, or contact SCC directly.

The rooms have every basic need covered (in my opinion), bed, shower, small fridge, room to layout your gear. No TV or phone in the rooms!! Who needs them?

Mostly to dive a lot. It is a club trip. We can live with a-clamp/yoke rather than din by braiding the antique markets or bringing adaptors.

Do the operators do two sets of two tank dives with different customers each day? Is that why they leave so early? If I am holiday I don't really want to be on a boat at 7.30am - am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added April 9th, 2014 at 01:27 PM ----------

In September I am bringing a group of ten divers to Cozumel. We will be in Mexico for two weeks and to spend about a week in Cozumel. Mostly they are British with the odd Canadian joining in. All are proficient divers, used to cold and murky conditions and well dived up. They vary in experience between PADI AOW divers and BSAC instructors with more years diving than you'd think to look at them. Ideally I'd charter a whole boat for the entire trip, use steel 15l and 12l (approx 120/100cf) cylinders (ideally some will be DIN) and have nitrox fills.

Similarly we'd like to do some Cenotes on the mainland, although there will only be 8 of us.

Does any dive op on here want that business? Are there recommendations for ops to approach? I'd prefer not to be told "take the web price for a two tank dive and multiply by 70".

Ken

I would love your business - but Aldora actually sounds like a perfect match for what you are looking for! They have the larger capacity steel tanks with DIN or yoke valve, larger boat to accommodate your group, they have multiple boats and will probably be willing to work with your schedule since you are a large group. Contact Memo or Almendra to discuss specifics!

As far as normal departure times, yes - there are other customers to consider on a regular charter - and often afternoon schedules to consider - but as a private group - that is absolutely something that can be worked with.

Have a great trip!

If you decide that the larger capacity steel tanks are not that important, I will be happy to give you a quote as well.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip!

Scuba Club Cozumel boats don't leave at 7:30am but leave anywhere from 8am - 8:30am depending on which boat gets to the dock first. (They have 7 boats of varying sizes.) SCC really caters to groups and you would probably get the same boat + DMs (you'll need at least 2 as there is a park rule of only 8 divers per DM) for your entire stay.

Check out their website for more details on rooms, boats, etc.

Cozumel Scuba Diving at Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort and Scuba Cozumel Dive Shop

Your room comes with breakfast and they also have meals plans and we usually did the 3 meals/day because we were too lazy to go off site to find a nice place to eat and we just wanted to dive, dive, dive so it made it easy to do the 2 tank morning dive; have lunch; shore dive in the afternoon (free); siesta (nap); dive again either twilight or night and then dinner.

If you're not wanting to do 4-5 dives/day I would go with the lunch only and then the group can go into town (about 15 min walk) after a possible afternoon dive to experience the many nice restaurants for dinner.

I live here now so PM me if you want any more info but you will get all your questions answered here on this board as these buys are great!

Betty

Ken,

SCC is located just south of San Miguel (town). Everything revolves around diving. So breakfast is served before the first dives of the day. They have a couple larger boats (catamaran style) that aren't the "fastest" boats on the water, but are a fantastic platform to dive from. It takes on average about 30-40 minutes to reach some of the southern dive sites (highly recommended). first dive to 80 feet (50 minutes or until you reach your NDL) spend 40-50 minutes on the boat (surface interval) heading to the second dive site for the day... and another 50-60 minute dive... Then back to the resort by 11:30 roughly... to rinse gear, change clothes, and then go down to grab a bite to eat. If your're wanting more diving... you can catch an afternoon wreck dive or shore dive (unlimited) right in front of the resort. Good little shore dive for Coz!! usually see alot of juvenile critters there and has a max depth of about 25 feet.

Back
Top Bottom