Greetings from South Korea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetkiwi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!
Greetings from Daejeon in South Korea. Unfortunately Daejeon isn't near the ocean so I havn't been able to do much diving lately. But I did get to 'Swim with the sharks' in the Busan aquarium, which was actually pretty cool...big fishies, sharp teeth.

I'm hoping to get down to Che Ju Island (south of south korea) in the summer. I've heard that there's some good diving to be had down there, and I would be interested to know if anyone has dived there before and if so could they let me know what to expect.

In fact any information about any diving in this part of the world would be great.

I'm here for another year and a half, but I'm planning to go diving for eight months in Thailand as of July next year. Waiting is going to be a major BUMMER.

In any case I just wanted to say hi and wish you all safe diving.

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Welcome!

Never been to Korea to dive. Wonder if the situation there is similar to that in Japan where female divers outnumber males 4 to 1.

Hope you can be with us often here...

:cowboy: don

I recommend you go to www.deepbluequest.com That club is based out of Paju (a little north of Seoul) but the web site has some links that would interest you. I also recommend you go to Big Blue 33 when you visit Jeju. You will find them at www.bigblue33.com I hope this helps.

drbill:
Welcome!

Never been to Korea to dive. Wonder if the situation there is similar to that in Japan where female divers outnumber males 4 to 1.

Hummm. I may have to plan a dive trip to Japan. :D

Welcome wetkiwi!

Thanks everyone!

I hope to be diving shortly...once the weather's warmed up. Does anyone know whether gear is expensive to buy in Korea?? If so what about buying via the internet and shipping it here?

I found the diving gear to be very expensive in Korea. I bought most of my stuff over the interent. I had great luck with www.scubatoys.com It has been taking an average of nine days. The big advantage that I have is that I am using an APO address.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom