Greetings and Quick Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lordello

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone !
I am a Brazilian diver and I am now living in the U.S. (Southern California).

I am planning to buy a dive computer in the next few days and I looked around to have some information about the options in the market.

I ended up with 2 main options, based on what I am planning to do with it and budget constraints as well. The models are :
1) SUUNTO VYPER (which costs approx. USD 325 plus taxes/shipping);
2) OCEANIC VERSA PRO 2.0 (which costs approx. USD 280 plus taxes/shipping).

My question is : does anyone have comments on any of those models, such as pros and cons, etc ? That would help me a lot in the decision...

Thanks!
I hope to talk to you soon again !
Lordello

First of all welcome aboard. Second of all I just purchased a Suunto Cobra A/I and i love it..wouldn't use anything else. it's really good and i would highly recommend but again that is my opinion. good luck

I have owned both a Oceanic Pro and a SUUNTO Cobra dive computer. The Oceanic was my first purchase. i bought it based on price and hte large numbers a man of 48 (back then) could appreaciate. It was the wrong computer for a man my age! I don't blame the computer for my getting DCI, but at 48 conservative is more in order.

Some considerations are do you want a liberal computer or a conservative computer? Not all computers are the same. Suunto is considered by most to be a conservative computer with user adjustable settings to make it even more soe. The Oceanic, I am told, leans more to the liberal side.

I have been diving the Suunto Cobra since October 2001 and I love it.

Welcome to the board. Try posting your question in the equipment section of the forum. You'll get more responses there.

I use the Vyper and think it's a great computer.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Another welcome to the board! I also use the Vyper and I love it - however, to be fair, I don't know the Oceanic. One feature of the Vyper that I like is the ability (with accessory cable) to download the dives into a log on your computer. Again I have no idea if the Oceanic has something similar or not.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Ask anything - in the appropriate forum, and we'll make up an answer...

don

:D

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

I've been using the Vyper for a number of years now, and like it. Easy to read, and use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom