Greetings, and introductions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings Y'all,

Got into scuba on a trip to Jamaica a few years ago now I can not get enough. Got my own gear by doing research and talking to people on Facebook, someone suggested that I get on here.

Recently got a Faber L 45 tank, (i can get all the numbers later) as a backup/pony bottle to keep my wife happy. It was current on Hydro and they did a vis inspection at my local dive shop.

My question is there appeared to be a light coating on the inside that appeared dark brown, not like an active red rust more like some type of coating. Is this normal? Is there a reason that it is no longer manufactured, Was there a problem or recall?

I have been looking but have not found a section directly related to equipment questions.

Greetings Y'all,

Got into scuba on a trip to Jamaica a few years ago now I can not get enough. Got my own gear by doing research and talking to people on Facebook, someone suggested that I get on here.

Recently got a Faber L 45 tank, (i can get all the numbers later) as a backup/pony bottle to keep my wife happy. It was current on Hydro and they did a vis inspection at my local dive shop.

My question is there appeared to be a light coating on the inside that appeared dark brown, not like an active red rust more like some type of coating. Is this normal? Is there a reason that it is no longer manufactured, Was there a problem or recall?

I have been looking but have not found a section directly related to equipment questions.

There is a forum for Tanks. Keep scrolling down. Here: Tanks, Valves & Bands

And welcome to SB!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I don't know the answer to your question about the tank, but will be listening in!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom