Greeting from The Villages,FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:wave:Welcome to the Scuba Board. :hi: Fun place to hang out, compare, argue, etc. :thumb:

For best results, :type: add Scuba Board to your computer's Favorites List so you can check in easily and often.

don

Hey Chuck! It was nice meeting you earlier. I'm sure we'll talk quite often. Take care and talk to you later.

Brrr Mandy,

The air was coolder then the water. Our dive was as productive as yours but alot shorter. This must have been the dive to lose things...I lost a 2lb weight which made sinking a bit of aproblem. But it was worth the drive to meet you and the others. We will definetly have to plan other dives. Hope you make it up to DD or Crystal River next week.
Now to warm up the hands and toes.
Chuck

Thanks Mike,
I'm glad I swam in myself. I've already met several of the regulars and went diving with Colin(CBulla) today. Great people. Looking forward to more dives with SB members.

Chuck

We couldn't even see our hands in front of our masks let alone the bottom. Colin finally called the dive. He even said that it was the worst visibility or lack of he has seen Or Not seen. Madaline did accumilate alot of sand and stuff on exit but that was all.

had a great time meeting the conch divers at Venice. My First Beach Dive, sooo interesting. laughed all the way home. Ithink I gave new meaning to Beached whale. Oh well every time you can get wet and learn something new and meet new people you have a great day. Hope to see you all soon, and not make Smoke Aire cringe at my efforts

The Villages!!!! My parents love it there. They moved there 2.5 years ago and live close to the Polo Grounds. I never thought about there being a Scuba Club there, but with all the great types of diving in Florida and all the varieties of activities at The Villages, I should have assumed there was a Scuba Club.

My Dad doesn't dive, but he does want to do some more snorkelling (they went to Cayman with us 3 years ago). He even wants to head over to Crystal River to snorkel with the manatees. I would love to go over with him on one of my visits to introduce him to the manatees. I am a volunteer diver at the Cincinnati Zoo at Manatee Springs (the zoo sent a manatee to Miami Seaquarium in November to be conditioned for release in early 2004), so I love to hang with the manatee.

What all do you do at Homosassa?

I have a mother-in-law in Port Charlotte and a sister-in-law near West Palm Beach, so I hope to bring my gear on my family visits to participate in some of the various beach/spring dives.

Back
Top Bottom