Greeting from The Villages,FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmokeAire

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone on this great board. I have recently moved to FL. from upstate NY and am enjoying the weather and diving immensely.
I'm the VP of The Villages Scuba Club (and no I am not even close to retirement age). A couple of us are planning our first Venice Beach dive for shark teeth tomorrow and would like any advice from Venice Beach veterans. And if anyone would care to join us we would like the company.
Later,
Chuck

Welcome aboard, glad you could find us.
If you go to the Florida Conch section and do a search of Venice Beach, you will find LOTS of information. Also, I do believe there is a dive being set up there with some members at the end of Alhambra Street. (searches for the post...) Awwhh, here it is or you! http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=43255 Directions to the site are on page 2...
Good luck finding teeth, and stay warm! LOL

When you are ready for beach diving on the east coast look us up, there are a bunch of beach divers over in the Ft. Lauderdale area..

Thanks for the info,Scuba Jenny. As for staying warm I was certified in upstate NY in May a few years ago. Water temp was 55F. I kept my 7mm farmer john which has served me well for the spring diving I've been doing down here. I'm also a volunteer diver at Homassas Spring State Park so I've gotten used to the 72 degree water.
A few of us did head out to the east coast, Fort Pierce, to do some beach diving at Pebble Park but when we got there visibility was zero (another NY diving experience) and the waves were 4 ft. A wasted 2 hour drive. Next time I'll seek your advice. Thanks for the offer
Chuck.

I'll check my schedule. Sounds like fun. If I can make I will.
Thanks
Chuck

Sat. is not written in sand err stone. Sun is supposed to be wramer. Let me check with the other people is Sun. would work.
Chuck

For the Venice Beach this Sunday is a go. We will be leaving here at 8am. I think it's a 2.5-3 hour drive. Not sure. Looking forward to meeting members of this board.
BTW Being a newbie here..am I doing this reply thing correctly?...arrgghh.
Chuck

SmokeAire:
For the Venice Beach this Sunday is a go. We will be leaving here at 8am. I think it's a 2.5-3 hour drive. Not sure. Looking forward to meeting members of this board.
BTW Being a newbie here..am I doing this reply thing correctly?...arrgghh.
Chuck
Wellll. We can read it, so I guess you are doing fine!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom