Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow!!! I clicked on deepcolddivers and got hit by a couple of trojan viruses. Fortunately my anti-virus caught them.

I can't make it, but would like to know where Tuwanek is.

Cheers,
Bill

Gee, thanks for the great publicity.

We've had some problems with spam postings on the site, but I was not aware you could get a virus just by clicking on a site. Regardless, I will pass your observations on to the site administrator.

Tuwanek is in Sechelt, that's all I know until Sunday!
Andrea

Lightning Fish:
Wow!!! I clicked on deepcolddivers and got hit by a couple of trojan viruses. Fortunately my anti-virus caught them.

I can't make it, but would like to know where Tuwanek is.

Cheers,
Bill

scubandrea:
Gee, thanks for the great publicity.

We've had some problems with spam postings on the site, but I was not aware you could get a virus just by clicking on a site. Regardless, I will pass your observations on to the site administrator.

Tuwanek is in Sechelt, that's all I know until Sunday!
Andrea

Hmm.. was hoping there was a dive on saturday, can't make sunday, going down to LA for 3 days.

Well, did you put your request in ahead of time??? :wink:
Make a posting, ask and see who wants to dive!
Good luck, have fun in LA!

Andrea

kalekainxx:
Hmm.. was hoping there was a dive on saturday, can't make sunday, going down to LA for 3 days.

Anybody who hasn't been to Tuwanek is missing out. I'm not sure why I like the site so much, just always have good dives there. The huge flowing rock formations underwater and great vis probalby have something to do with it. If anybody wants to come out and is questioning it, just suck it up. Come out and enjoy a fantastic day of diving. What are you going to do otherwise anyway?

I get my new drysuit and regs this weekend.

Woo!

gchapman:

Woo!

What kind of drysuit did you buy and where did you get it? How did you finally decide? Just curious as I am currently in the process of buying a drysuit.

Yeah!!! :)

bcsean:
Anybody who hasn't been to Tuwanek is missing out. I'm not sure why I like the site so much, just always have good dives there. The huge flowing rock formations underwater and great vis probalby have something to do with it. If anybody wants to come out and is questioning it, just suck it up. Come out and enjoy a fantastic day of diving. What are you going to do otherwise anyway?

So does that mean you're coming to Tuwanek to try them out with us on Sunday???

gchapman:

Woo!

Two more names to ponder...

Southern BC/Greater Vancouver DEVILFISH
Devilfish is a name for gray whales. Apparently there population was reduced to about 1000 due to whale hunting. Now that the hunting has been prohibited/reduced? the population has made a comeback to about 20,000 (I think). I thought this would be cool, signifying the Vancouver Divers "comeback" :)

Or, Vancouver Spyhoppers?

Times running out! Speak now or forever hold your peace...

Andrea :wink:

Back
Top Bottom