Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right, i'll be your token ex Vancouver cold water wuss. I can regale you all with glorious stories of mantas, sharks, tropical reefs, clown fish etc.
Would love to hear stories of home in return...rain not included!

And of course give you nothing but slack for having to wear loads of rubber and lead and enjoy crap viz! Mind you was at Porteau Cove once with 100+ feet...Once! :11:

Brrrr...just thinking of diving in Van in Feb gives me the chills, i wear a 7mm suit here and its 81F.

I think you should call yourselves (ourselves?) the Howe Sound Sculpins

Mike, warm and wearing shorts and a tank top!

here's a few name ideas:

Underwater Mullets
GVRDivers
The smelly tuna's
Vancouver diving club that formed on scubaboard.com
The soggy canucks

just a few names I thought of, I won't be offended if they're not picked though.

I just want to throw a couple of comments out. If this is a Vancouver dive club, why reference BC? It's not a BC dive club.

Names that reference scuba directly or make a play on words might wear out. Other names may not, such as those that use animals and might provide more of an opportunity for logos.

Having said that, Team Narcosis (or a spin off from that - Northern Narcosis for example) or GVRDivers is catchy. For logo use, would there be any copyright or trademark problems with GVRD and any other type of club name?

Cheers,
Bill.

I'm really amazed by the strong opinions about the name! I'm not really sure how we can decide...
Like I said before, SO MANY good ideas!
While I agree this is not meant to be a BC club, I like Southern BC because it encompases the GVRD and we also have a few divers from Southern Vancouver Island.
I also think that the name should represent us as a safe club - so Vancouver divers looking for great whites won't work! :)
Let's just keep the ideas coming and we'll decide which one we like best on the weekend.
How 'bout
Southern BC Wreck'd Divers?

scubandrea:
I'm really amazed by the strong opinions about the name! I'm not really sure how we can decide...
Like I said before, SO MANY good ideas!
While I agree this is not meant to be a BC club, I like Southern BC because it encompases the GVRD and we also have a few divers from Southern Vancouver Island.
I also think that the name should represent us as a safe club - so Vancouver divers looking for great whites won't work! :)
Let's just keep the ideas coming and we'll decide which one we like best on the weekend.
How 'bout
Southern BC Wreck'd Divers?
Hey Andrea,

It was your idea to start the group. If there's a quorum, you should make an executive decision.

Southern BC Wreck'd Divers sounds good. Go for it!

Daryl

There is a group of us going to Tuwanek on Sunday...
If anyone is interested let me know and I'll give you the details!
Andrea

gasgirl:
Speaking of this weekend... was anyone interested in a local dive?

scubandrea:
There is a group of us going to Tuwanek on Sunday...
If anyone is interested let me know and I'll give you the details!
Andrea

Yes....details, details!

Gasgirl, SpawnofZena, and anyone else....
The details that I posted for people who live near OceanPro Divers in South Surrey can be found on www.deepcolddivers.com
If you don't live near there, we'll see what we can figure out.
Best thing to do, is just let me know who you are, if you want to come, and where you live. :)

SpawnOfZena:
Yes....details, details!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom