Greater Tampa Bay Area XII 4/15/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I figured I would miss some good ones this week. I didn't have your number (pda phone hit the ground, so I had to switch back to the old LG), or I would have called. Now that you called, I have the number :wink:

I even went out and got some Olympus silicone for my housing and had a new shirt for Tracy :14:

angel3.jpg

angel1.jpg

angel2.jpg

Oh, well. I am glad everyone had fun

CoolTech:
Ok,
The cookie-toss contest appears to be over. I slept until almost 1:00. I still feel exhausted, but the true "ill" feeling is gone.

Sorry I missed the dive. I am sure it was the best dive of the year, because I missed it

Figured something went wrong. U never just a no-show.

You missed the ballerina - pics later :)

Missdirected:
You said it was too cold to dive or I would have asked. You want to go? We are leaving Tarpon at 10:a.m.

i know, i know, but that doesn't mean i won't try again when i'm desperate! plus i'm working dilligently on the development of my underwater blanket and could always use a reason to test it out :rofl3:

(last time i heard bottom temps were 71 and i was prepared for that... not 64!!!) so i probably can find a way to keep warm if i need to....don't count me out completely just because i wimped out once :D

i would have been there but had already made other plans for the weekend- that didn't include diving- so its a very sad sunday evening :(

from your pics, it looked like a nice dive! next time...

dl. :)

Missdirected:
Figured something went wrong. U never just a no-show.

You missed the ballerina - pics later :)

I had a great time today … thanks Frog man, MissD, and Naturewalker aka Gilligan. :wink:
Kim P

dldiver:
Are these spots filled already or are you looking for divers to fill them???

If so I'm interested- I dive down there all the time!
And I'd like to go ahead and invite my "Untied Orlando" folks to come along...just say the word :D

dl .:)

Howard Naturewalker36 will car pool with you ... send him a pm .... did you call the boat? one of my divers will not make it you can have that spot :wink:
Kim P

Divergirl4u:
MissD it will not let me access the pics from yesterday :shakehead did you upload them to photobucket?
Kim P
Yep, it's photobucket!

By the way, the one of you at the back of the boat... Lookin' good there Kimmy :D You can rub my belly for luck any time :rofl3:

Divergirl4u:
MissD it will not let me access the pics from yesterday :shakehead did you upload them to photobucket?
Kim P

OMG Kim you have been here how long and you are missing out on the Surface Interval forum :shocked: And we were pokin' fun at Howard, :rofl2:

Sistuh, go to the Blue bar at the top of this page, actually it is the second blue bar. Find the title USER CP, click on that, look to the left and find Group Memberships - click on that, scroll down to find Surface Interval and join that group. Oh and feel free to stop by The Hangout, anytime.

Hi all. It looks as though in the split we are going to be named as a club or at least referred to as something. Hence, I was thinking, though I don't like to turn these Greater Tampa Bay Area threads into full blown chat threads, I feel this is worth discussing and at least get the opinions of some here. :ne_nau:

My personal thoughts and feelings, in no particular order:

1. The word club personally makes me cringe - I always think people are going to feel alienated and not bother.
2. I think we work very hard to make people feel welcome. By "people" I mean; new divers that live in our area, divers new to the area in general, and visitors.
3. It was the openness and willingness of a few to meet and dive with others that has actually led to bringing so many together in this area.
4. "Happy Hour" reminds me of a bunch of young party animals. If I were looking at the board, personally I would think "no-thanks" but I am also a bit older. I would prefer a name more representative of the people. (Maybe Mark-R or Dave's boat... j/k, j/k, move on - silly joke :))
5. Lastly, we have a lot of people pass through here that are looking for info on springs and caves. I do what I can to help by, going on what I know, doing some research, and sometimes asking a certain someone here his thoughts (he knows who he is). Our planet known as "Spring/Cave country" is abysmally represented here on this board. That said, for the numbers that pass through here, it could be so much better. However, in the end, I guess it isn't our job to help SB grow. Fair enough but I find that scary (the more we grow the more dive buds and opportunities we have).

So with this in mind, I offer this to you guys for your thoughts. No debate, just your thoughts. Perhaps with this we can offer a name better suited to us :ne_nau:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom