Greater Tampa Bay Area XI 3/22/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone diving something other than a spring this weekend? I neeeeeed some salt :jump: Plus there are a couple other divers in town wanting to go out.

eandiver:
That's an understatement..............Generally I leave my house at 4:30AM, stop for something to eat and get there between 7:30 and 8. Usually leave for home between 1 and 2. Weird I know but then that's me. Just ask N@rco$i$.

If the times are OK with anyone they are more than welcome to ride up and back. I've got a Silverado extended cab PU with comfortable room for 3 in the cab and a ton of gear in the back. I may be stopping at Lloyd's dive shop in Gainesville on the way back too.

That might be fine....I might be meeting some friends up there so i'll have to check their times....

I am so happy, I am going to explode :jump:

Gulf Diving this Saturday on the SeaFox with Captain Herman.

Boat leaves at 8 a.m.

Give Herman a shout if you want to go out.

Let him know you are with MissDirected/Tracy

Ty said he would go out Sunday, if there was enough interest. You guys know me, I'm in and so is lil sis and CoolTech. So if a couple more were keen on going...:D The two visitors that are here are leaving Sunday so they can't go.

I went out this morning to the St. Pete Beach reef area - we couldn't locate the barge though, which was a bummer. However, we did manage to locate some of the old causeway and it had some decent growth on it. A few gag grouper were hanging around and some bait fish cruised by, which was cool. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me! There were a few very colorful sponges as well as a really neat bryozoan that would've made good pics.

Depth: 33 feet, Temp: 71 degrees, Vis: 25+.

eandiver:
That's an understatement..............Generally I leave my house at 4:30AM, stop for something to eat and get there between 7:30 and 8. Usually leave for home between 1 and 2. Weird I know but then that's me. Just ask N@rco$i$.

If the times are OK with anyone they are more than welcome to ride up and back. I've got a Silverado extended cab PU with comfortable room for 3 in the cab and a ton of gear in the back. I may be stopping at Lloyd's dive shop in Gainesville on the way back too.

alright so that might be a little too early for me...i'm heading up by myself and meeting someone up there...was planning on doing 3 dives during the day so i'll be up there for quite a while.....

GulfCoastdiver:
71 degrees wow :yelclap: it almost time for me to go diving in the gulf again :yl2jump:

Come out Saturday.

Oceandiver, thanks for the report. Sounds great.

tampausmc:
alright so that might be a little too early for me...i'm heading up by myself and meeting someone up there...was planning on doing 3 dives during the day so i'll be up there for quite a while.....

No problem. See you up there.

Missdirected:
Come out Saturday.

Oceandiver, thanks for the report. Sounds great.

Happy to share the stories. I'll have more to tell next week when we go out again. Until then, I look forward to reading your Saturday recap.

GulfCoastdiver:
71 degrees wow :yelclap: it almost time for me to go diving in the gulf again :yl2jump:

It was only chilly when you first got in...the rest of the time it was rather comfortable. The vis is really good now so, why not?! :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom