Greater Tampa Bay Area XI 3/22/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is the previous thread if for some reason one would like to pop over there.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=175953

Note to new people: This is a place where people from all over this area, or maybe just visiting, can get with some of us and do some diving. We spend a lot of time planning on this thread or discussing past, present, and future diving. Whatever we may be discussing, please feel free to jump right in. We're always looking for people to join us.

I wouldn't bother with trying to read everything in this thread. The last couple pages is usually sufficient enough to bring anyone up to date.

As a recap to the the last thread and its final postings:

Narcosis said he was going to get back in the water... We have yet to see it :sprint:

Some of us are thinking of going to Blue Springs Saturday morning. Waiting on the game plan.

Well I think that sums it up.

Oh and FrogMan_5 is having a birthday today! http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=2776983#post2776983

GulfCoastdiver:
I would like to join every one but, I'm going to palm beach tomorrow morning and staying till sunday afternoon, and DIVING. Did I mention its been 41/2 months since I've been diving...

:11: Holy canolies! You and Kathleen both? !?!?!?!?

bigsmac:
Count me in for Saturday moring.

Can someone give me an idea where it is.

Matt

It's in Orange City just north of Sanford/Orlando. Scubafool gave me the best exit to take but being me I only know what it looks like not the number or road. Once you cross over the St.Johns river north of Sanford I think it is the second or third exit. You head west a short distance to US92/17 SR600/15 then north into Orange City. There is a sign at a stop light in the middle of town and you will make a left (west) and at the end of the pavement is the park.

They open at 8am, you must have a c-card and sign in with your buddy at the time of entering the park. Unless you are cavern or cave certified there are no lights allowed. It's a bit of a walk to the head spring but well worth it. Once you are done at the spring it's a nice drift dive down the run to the exit area.

GulfCoastdiver:
Yes both and M.K.
Well now it looks like we are not going, I called the shop over there and they said "the water is a nice 74 but, it looks like the boat will cancel again tomorrow, like it did the last two todays" yes it canceled the last two and the only way I knew that is I called to check the water temp. Unbelievable, I would have shown up there in the morning to a canceled trip.
It just makes sense that if the weather has been bad enough to cancel for the last two days, and, as he said on the phone, the forcast is not any better for tomorrow,why would you not let the people you make a living off of know your going to cancel.

And that is why I will never use :bash: Force E Dive Center:bash: ...However the Motel we booked at :rocker:"Dolphin Apartments":rocker: was kind enough to give me a refund, them I would use again and recommend.

Looks like a few of us will be at Buford on Saturday morning, hopefully not too early, it's nicer when the sun is way up and shining directly in the cavern...

Chris

GulfCoastdiver:
Well now it looks like we are not going, I called the shop over there and they said "the water is a nice 74 but, it looks like the boat will cancel again tomorrow, like it did the last two todays" yes it canceled the last two and the only way I knew that is I called to check the water temp. Unbelievable, I would have shown up there in the morning to a canceled trip.
It just makes sense that if the weather has been bad enough to cancel for the last two days, and, as he said on the phone, the forcast is not any better for tomorrow,why would you not let the people you make a living off of know your going to cancel.

And that is why I will never use :bash: Force E Dive Center:bash: ...However the Motel we booked at :rocker:"Dolphin Apartments":rocker: was kind enough to give me a refund, them I would use again and recommend.

Why don't you come out with us then?! Lil sis won't be there as she is out of town but hey, it is diving :)

Astro, pm El Orans, he will be able to tell you why that is. I am not sure myself. Are you out of the pokey?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom