Greater Tampa Bay Area XI 3/22/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GulfCoastdiver:
We where thinking about it, it looks like it will be a 3hrs drive and then a work-out to get to the spot, is that right?

Sheesh....only 2 hr drive and 130 miles (vs the 3hr/175 mile run to Ginnie) plus I'm the one humping doubles down to the spring.

Remember, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and at my age and physical condition if I can do it so can you.:D

We're looking forward to it, big time. Headed out now to get tanks.

Missdirected:
Ean, I've had the BP/W for a while now. Was going to use it in Costa Rica but realized there was no crotch strap. Where does one buy one of those :ne_nau: Guess I need to find a Halcyon dealer, yes? And yes, I was tired of the BCD. Being so bulky up front, it was getting in between me and my picture taking. Additionally, I've just plain wore the thing out :D

Buy a Dive Rite 2 inch crotch strap. The 1 inch is not too comfortable. Talk to you Saturday about it.

Wish I was going to be with you guys tomorrow, but my boat is still going out in 6 foot seas tomorrow to the Tenneco Towers. If you have not dived Blue Springs before, put a few extra pounds in the weight belt. The flow is pretty stong and the extra weight will make it a bit easier getting down. Have fun and lets see if we can do a gulf dive next weekend.

Scott5644:
Wish I was going to be with you guys tomorrow, but my boat is still going out in 6 foot seas tomorrow to the Tenneco Towers. If you have not dived Blue Springs before, put a few extra pounds in the weight belt. The flow is pretty stong and the extra weight will make it a bit easier getting down. Have fun and lets see if we can do a gulf dive next weekend.

Ooooh, I like Tenneco Towers. What boat is going out there with seas like that? John and I were just wondering about you at dinner tonight. Too bad you are not coming tomorrow it is going to be a good day. Packing the car now then heading to bed. :moon: :D Let us know how the diving was, if you really do go out.

Missdirected:
Ooooh, I like Tenneco Towers. What boat is going out there with seas like that? John and I were just wondering about you at dinner tonight. Too bad you are not coming tomorrow it is going to be a good day. Packing the car now then heading to bed. :moon: :D Let us know how the diving was, if you really do go out.

It's Parrot Island Scuba out of Pompano. There are 16 of us signed up out of the dive shop, and it's already been paid. My Triptone is packed and ready to go. I'll call you in the morning.... I have a question for you and Johnny.

Scott5644:
It's Parrot Island Scuba out of Pompano. There are 16 of us signed up out of the dive shop, and it's already been paid. My Triptone is packed and ready to go. I'll call you in the morning.... I have a question for you and Johnny.
Hey scott that was the shop that we where to go out with, we where booked on the fishfood. Thats not who we set it up with through, we went one of the LDS, ,not very smart on my part (next time I deal with the boat, not the shopo up the street). Have a grreat day of diving and post some pics...

Well,
If you all waited until Sunday, I might have joined you.

Just got back from NC last night, and I can't do a thing with my hair... lol

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom