Greater Tampa Area VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
Especially, if we have new people hanging out I didn't want them to get intimidated by the other thread being so large.
Yeah...already up to 2+ pages and less than an hour old:lol::lol::lol:

Missdirected:
This is a place where people from all over this area, or maybe just visiting, can get with some of us and do some diving.
<<snipped>>

Just wanted to say hi to MD & Divergirl4U who I met at ScubaBoard Invades the Keys. Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone else, but it was great. Had the seas been a little calmer, my daughter would have been able to get a little more experience than just the one dive before she was wiped from seasickness...:(

Steve

spschneer:
Had the seas been a little calmer, my daughter would have been able to get a little more experience than just the one dive before she was wiped from seasickness...:(

Steve

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Seasickness, aaack :arrr: Is your girl on the board? BTW thanks for coming up and saying hello :D

spschneer:
Yeah...already up to 2+ pages and less than an hour old:lol::lol::lol:

<<snipped>>

Just wanted to say hi to MD & Divergirl4U who I met at ScubaBoard Invades the Keys. Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone else, but it was great. Had the seas been a little calmer, my daughter would have been able to get a little more experience than just the one dive before she was wiped from seasickness...:(

Steve

Nice to meet you 2 Steve and happy diving ... BTW triptone many divers use it to prevent seasickness.

Missdirected:
Seasickness, aaack :arrr: Is your girl on the board? BTW thanks for coming up and saying hello :D
She knows about it but hasn't jumped in yet...I'll be sure and introduce you when we get together to dive. Lil'Sis wasn't at the Keys was she?

Steve

Divergirl4u:
Nice to meet you 2 Steve and happy diving ... BTW triptone many divers use it to prevent seasickness.

I used Bonine (same stuff) and it didn't work for me after sitting out the second tank...:(....the seas were really sloppy, not a regular wave motion but up, down, calm one minute and smash the next, no rhythm, no cycle that you could get used to...just really mixed up...:confused:

Kinda like it would be in a washing machine :D

Steve

:D Hey Everyone. Three days till I start my OW! I am so excited I can't stand it. :D :jump::jump:

uhhh seasick....

Toni0620:
:D Hey Everyone. Three days till I start my OW! I am so excited I can't stand it. :D :jump::jump:

sweet!!!!

spschneer:
She knows about it but hasn't jumped in yet...I'll be sure and introduce you when we get together to dive. Lil'Sis wasn't at the Keys was she?

Steve

No. Glad she wasn't quite honestly. A little too advanced for her yet. How old is your girl?

Did you take the seasick med after you had already gotten on the boat? the reason I ask is most find it doesn't help at that point. You must take it before gettting on the boat. As always there are a few people that are exceptions to the norm but from what I have gathered - take it before :)

Take it the night before and then again in the morning before you board. Also watch what you eat. Avoid grease and acid, that means no bacon, no orange juice and no coffee. Do eat something. Dry toast is an excellent choice, ginger snaps is even better. On the boat; stay off the bridge, don't read, get fresh air and watch the horizon. Between dives, rinse the salt water out of your mouth. Drink a ginger ale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom