Great dives again with Tres Pelicanos – We will be coming back.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3DTex

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My spouse and I just returned from doing 10 dives in 4 days with Tres Pelicanos on Aug 8-12, 2015. This was our second time using them and I highly recommend them. We had a great experience from booking to picking up our gear from the dive shop before flying out.

Jeanie does the bookings and is so nice and helpful. Willie headed up the office tasks upon our arrival and checkout and cleaned our gear. He is also easy to work with and has a pleasant and professional demeanor. Then we headed out to the boat. The “Skinny Shark” isn’t all that skinny but not a large cattle boat either. It provides plenty of room for 8 divers (we usually had about 5 max on our trips) and feels even bigger. We also passed all of the other boats as it is fast and gets you back and forth from the reef quickly. On the boat our captain Francisco runs a friendly and profession boat. He’s also very customer oriented in addition to his captain duties. He takes your fins, lifts out your bcd from the water and then slaps it on a new tank ready for your next dive. He is also is there to give you a nice cold drink of water right after the dive. A very nice touch and it is appreciated.

Our dive master Jorge is one of the best that we have used over the last 10 years of diving. He is laid back but very professional and caring. He is there to make you have the best dive experience possible. His style is very comforting in the water. The dives were also wonderful with great visibility, beautiful terrain and tons of the usual suspects including lobsters, crabs, large turtles and angels with a special pipe horse. Our favorite dive this trip was Colombia where we soared like eagles over the mountain tops.

If you want to have a great diving experience in Cozumel look no further. Tres Pelicanos is the best for us and I think for you too. Their prices are also the most competitive on the island. That sounds like a winner.

Our little dive group will be using Tres at the end of the month, thanks for the review. Question, how do you usually tip? Do you tip them every day or wait until the end of your dive trip? How much do you usually tip?

Thanks

Our little dive group will be using Tres at the end of the month, thanks for the review. Question, how do you usually tip? Do you tip them every day or wait until the end of your dive trip? How much do you usually tip?

Thanks

Either way works they are a straight up group and split the tips. As to how much, that is a personnel decision but the value often quoted for many years (and not adjusted for inflation) is $5 to $ 10 a bottle for good service.

If you are there on the last weekend of the month I may see you on the boat. I have been home for 2 weeks now and by the 1 month point I will really be jonesing for a dive.

Where do you do the surface interval? I don't recall seeing the skinny shark at the conch pier, but may have just missed it.

Is that scoundrel Steve still hanging around there? I suppose, just because there are no other dive operations on Coz, that we will be back to dive with them in January.

We really enjoyed our trip with TP. Great op. It makes sense why they are do highly recommended. Can't wait to try the Loan Shark after the remodel. Hard to believe it's the same boat as the small shark!We did like the Skinny shark, but only once I learned to stand up when going around the cruise ship pier. That was a bumpy ride!!!!

Several weeks back I went out to the boat yard in the jungle where the Loan Shark was being overhauled and it was major. It was completely stripped down and where it had once been a glass bottom boat new ribs were added to return the original hull integrity. The deck was raised and the benches were also raised and the bench depth was reduced, this should make it match closer to the Skinny Shark for doing back rolls. I always thought it was akward with the original low and wide wide benches. Hopefully I will get to try her out if I make.it down for weekend at the end of the month.
As for Steve, he is doing the high season in Alaska.

Last trip we couldn't get a hold of them. No one answered the phone. Would have loved to give them a try. Hopefully, next trip..... Soon...

Back
Top Bottom