Gray whale sighting at Shaws Cove.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty sure that's the most unfair thing I've ever seen in my life....because I wasn't there! It's a good thing they got it on video or I'd have said they were full of crap :wink:

Fantastic!

On a dive at Church Rock (Catalina) the vis was horrible. While filming near the base of the rock, I sensed something big in the area and assumed it was the landlord (great whites are known to hang in the area due to the colony of sea lions at "Seal" Rock). I hunkered down in a crevice and filmed until my air ran low. As I surfaced, the other divers asked if I got any footage of "it." I asked if they had seen the great white. "Great white? You had a baby gray whale floating above you for 20 minutes!" Due to the poor vis, I never saw it.

Seems to me that special sightings occur when the dive vibe is good. Can't prove it but I believe that the critters respond well to happy divers.

I have heard a beautiful serenade way out deep off Big Kelp, had the #$%& scared out of me by a breach and gasp right behind me that I never saw at Topanga after dark, and heard my buddy repeat over and over "that was a really big dolphin" right before mamma breached ten yards away out at Deep Hole on a surface swim back in. Someday I hope they will stop sneaking up on me and introduce themselves.

Awesome sighting! Thanks for sharing.

Look around at the same youtube page and there is a second video shot by one of the other divers in the group. This is a dive of a lifetime! What a memory!!!

Jealous... :depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom