Gray whale sighting at Shaws Cove.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like some happy divers :thumb:. I would no doubt dance around underwater if I happened on a whale. Thanks for sharing.

"Stupid puny land mammals! You wish you could swim & roam the ocean like me. . .!"

Very cool! Would love to get a look at their dive computers and see what the consumption rate was while that was happening. Is a SAC rate of 3.0 good (at 30-40 ft)? :D

That would be the thrill of a lifetime. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing.

Those divers are friends and former students of mine. I invited them to Shaw's yesterday, and they decided to come early and do an extra dive. I met up with them just after the dive in the video. I did two dives, but saw nothing bigger than a garibaldi.

**Note to self - next time, follow the other divers' schedule!!!**

Insane footage! Encounter of a lifetime. So freaking jealous!!!

Just to be clear, I was NOT diving, I just found the video and could not resist posting it here. The biggest animal I've seen at Shaws was a GSB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom