Grand Cayman Opening

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turtle Gal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Grand Cayman Islands opens November 20th

Grand Cayman is open for tourist starting November 20th and this year we would like to join the US Thanksgiving in giving thanks for a great many things. All tourist need to have a letter of confirmation from there accommodation (hotel, condo or etc.) provider before they get on the plane. Then immigration at the Cayman airport will also need to see this letter to verify that their accommodation arrangements are approved and inspected for guest. The Cayman government are doing very thorough rigorous inspections of all businesses, prosperities and Hotel rooms to insure guest clean safe accommodations. To date there are over 500 rooms available in approved inventory.

The Dept. of Tourism confirms that their world renowned pristine diving, snorkeling, white sand beaches, and the Turtle Farm, Stingray City, 75 restaurants, George Town's historic and shopping district are all waiting to welcome guest back.

The leader of government, the Hon. McKeeva Bush noted "One thing is clear - over the past two months the people of the Cayman Islands demonstrated remarkable resilience, community spirit and optimism. At the end of the day, this once in a lifetime experience remind us what is truly most important in life. Family, Friends and our island guest. We are renewed and inspired to showcase the best of the Caymanian warmth and hospitality." To "Freedom, Safety and Adventure" we say Welcome Back.

This is great news. I am sure you know that alot of us have been thinking of K-Mon friends since September. I have been worried about you all! The pictures that I have seen on the internet of water 4' high outside the glass doors are remarkable. We should never take chances with the fury of Mother Nature.
I will be back soon.

Thanks for the update and we are booked and have our letter from Cobalt Coast Resort/Divetech for our December 3rd trip. They were all booked for Thanksgiving.
Thaks for all the info. I will send you a trip report from our vaction.

I am heading to Cayman in march for my first open water dive... can't wait!

Worldiver Have a great time,looking forword to trip report!!!
Yorkielassy, I got my ow cert done in the Caymans with divetech.What I loved about the Caymans was the WARM water.Have fun Let us know how you do!!

Turtle Gal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom