Graduation gift ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So graduation is coming up here in May, and all of my family/friends are asking what I want gift-wise. I can't stand asking people for anything, let alone for them to give me stuff, so I'm a little short on ideas.
rolleyes.gif
I'm going to be living in a smallish RV trailer for about 5 months after I graduate and a small apartment after that so I'm not going to ask for a big stereo or anything.

Try not to suggest anything over around $1000. I already have 60 gig 5g iPod, laptop, and DSLR.

Thanks in advance!
biggrin.gif

I always try to think of things that I want, but not so badly that I would buy them for myself. That way I end up with something neat that I would otherwise never have had.
Since you have a DSLR the first thing that comes to mind are lenses...

Less show more go.

Stuff loses value until you sell it on eBay for less than you paid for it. Memories last forever.

Go someplace. Do something.

You don't need stuff. You got stuff. For $999 you can travel to a warm water destination and have a week of diving you'll never forget. Long after the iPod is a paperweight, you'll be remebering the grad trip.

My $02.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Less show more go.

Stuff loses value until you sell it on eBay for less than you paid for it. Memories last forever.

Go someplace. Do something.

You don't need stuff. You got stuff. For $999 you can travel to a warm water destination and have a week of diving you'll never forget. Long after the iPod is a paperweight, you'll be remebering the grad trip.

My $02.

---
Ken
Thanks for the tips. I will 99% likely be going on a dive trip regardless of the other gifts.

what about opening an account with your local travel agent and people can put money towards a tropical island trip

a new dive watch? hubby still wears the watch he recieved from an aunt for his 21st

A good pair of binoculars!

They can come in handy and it not something you normally buy yourself!

I still get questions from my family every year around the holidays. I've started a personal webpage where I put links of stuff I want, usually scuba related. It's then up to them. Just make a list of stuff that you want, put it out there on a yahoo page and e-mail everyone the link. Update the list on a regular basis. It serves as a gift list and a want list for you to buy stuff for yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom