Got to Dive with Scubaboard Dive Guru " NetDoc" and with Jewfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pebbles Photo

Registered
Reaction score
Pete " Netdoc" showed up and dove Labor Day with us on Splashdown Dive Charters, in Boynton Beach.

The mission was to get up close and personal with the big Jewfish on the amazing wreck of the Castor, in 115 feet of water.
Pete was wearing a rebreather, with which he planned to be able to sneak up on these huge fish, and was a colorful sight to behold :)
My husband Dan enjoyed diving with Pete....no real discussion occurred, regarding Dan's being banned for life on Scubaboard due to past arguments with the mods...both of them just wanted to enjoy the dives :)

And the dives were exciting...strong current for the wreck, vis was below average due to storms all over the region. See Pete in this video Dan shot :)

Last edited:
I first met Pete and Elena several years ago diving out of Boynton Beach and then dived with them again last summer off the Spree :). Glad you had good dives, I'll be down on Friday for 2 weeks with the Goliath Grouper. How is aggregation this year?

upload_2016-9-6_11-47-11.png

Last edited:
I got on it on Sunday with my family - My daughter's first certified SCR dive! Too bad we missed Pete!! We were diving with Starfish Enterprise and Adam/Maggie.

Great conditions for us, calm seas with decent vis, light current and 80 degree water. There were probably 7 or so GGs on it many off in the distance. Wilbur was greeting us - the smaller GG right at the line. Another larger male tried to eat a dangling Octo from one of the other divers and then fell in 'love' with her. He was fluttering his fins and making a show for her! His hideaway was in the stern split.

I heard that there were more GGs on the MG11 then the MV Castor this weekend. Hole in the Wall and associated ledges also had a good amount on it last weekend. At the Hole, they were thumping away, I think we were disturbing their courtship.

Thank you for the video. While I am not familiar with the "problem" with the Mods, as far as Dan being banned for life, remember we used to be at war with England, Germany, Italy, Japan, and Vietnam. Now we are mostly pals, so perhaps there will be a peace negotiation and treaty in the future.

Thank you for the video. While I am not familiar with the "problem" with the Mods, as far as Dan being banned for life, remember we used to be at war with England, Germany, Italy, Japan, and Vietnam. Now we are mostly pals, so perhaps there will be a peace negotiation and treaty in the future.

I would hope so. Dan was nice enough to loan me his FF for my recent review in the Fins section. I hope he is given another chance to be TOS compliant.

Good diving, Craig

I would hope so. Dan was nice enough to loan me his FF for my recent review in the Fins section. I hope he is given another chance to be TOS compliant.

Good diving, Craig
SB is a bit "sterile" without some colourful character!!
Bring him back please.

There a many, many Goliath Groupers on the Wreck Trek in Jupiter right now. Aggregation is in full swing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom