Gorilla Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I've only seen two or three scuba divers using bicycle kicks, and none were moving forward using anything near the energy they were expending...They all looked like cyclist going up a steep incline in high gear, legs spinning and moving inches with each kick... wrong fins I guess... in vogue or not, it would definitely require a fin designed for it -

For me the fin works very well without the bicycle kick, but if the diver tends to bicycle kick it’s the only choice outside of a huge freediving fin. I guess it makes an inefficient kick more efficient. As a new diver develops their skills at the surface and underwater, they will learn in time how much energy they can save by not bicycle kicking.

I will never give up my Jets with springstraps or Seawings, and I may just purchase some springstraps for my original Seawings.

I had a pair of Gorilla fins in the late 90's and absolutely loved them! I would like to get a pair of them again actually. They were a bit on the stiff side, but propulsion was great and they were comfortable.

Try e-bay or the classified section of this forum.

Thus the e-bay and classified suggestion.

The Gorilla fins were obsolete when the original post was made.

The Scubapro Nova Seawing Gorilla fins are available again. Can also get an orange pair for DMs and instructors

Back
Top Bottom