Gorantalo Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travelnsj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone dove Gorantalo Indonesia? I can find only one dive operator. If anyone has any info as to what the diving is like or places to stay I would appreciate the info.

Have you asked Danny about this place?

..a couple of years ago. The only show in town is Miguel's diving, run by a very knowlegable American. You can stay at the place he recommends or there are two modern hotels on the main street beside each other (I moved out of his place as there was an all night party next door he didn't warn me about). The diving was quite good (I've been diving all over Indonesia, had just come from Ambon and Banda). There is some good macro, unique sponges, saw an eagle ray, etc. Rantje knows his U/W life and is keen to show it to you. I was the only diver most of the time and had a good time. Gorontalo is a very clean town, Muslim, not much to do but the locals are very friendly. If you want I could e-mail you a few pics (I'm only on the net once a week at the moment). Henry.

Hi Henry.....thanks for the info.....email PM'ed with my email. Thanks.

Scott, I had a couple of divers call up (last year) that they were disappointed in the diving in Gorontalo, and wanted to come up to Lembeh. Fortunately, we had space for them and they "endured" the 11 hour road trip to Bitung.

They were quite pleased with their decision. Having said that, it might be a nice "change of pace" for somebody that's been to Lembeh multiple times...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom